Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2023/24

AJ73

Devils Instagram posting that Rymsha wearing #18: that means Jardine likely won’t be returning either. Really hoping Rymsha is the Thompson replacement and not Jardine!

moggy#9

I am quite enthusiastic about this one. Another known quantity to the coach, he has size, is young, and clearly knows what to expect. Given his relationship with Cox, I'm hoping this is a sign that he and Sanford will be back.

Devils86

But hadn't jardine played with a couple of different numbers?
Somebody was talking about Jards wanting #21 and discussing with Piggsy...

Looking at the stats, description, and that's he's left handed it suggests he's more of a Blake Thompson type rather than a Jardine, or Louis type. But we will have to wait and see.

lloyd_jeff

Fair point, but I thought the transfer limit thing was written, and therein lies the problem.
Like I’ve said before keeping its current mysterious nature suit’s everyone who’d be impacted by it. One can justify spending as there’s no cap, others justify not spending as there’s a cap. Does Boris Johnson have hockey investments ?

Finny

There not rules if there neither written or enforced…..
The wagecap might not be in the public domain but the limit on how many imports can be signed each season is on the EIHL website.

Perhaps this summer they will be able to use some of their huge budget to invest in some cashless payment devices. I remember several Belfast fans complaining online that so many fund raising events were cash only.........

kingmo19.1

My reliable sources have just confirmed a new signing! .... Just thought I'd throw this out to Jenks to decode :-

Only a lonely man walks through the mist of a Winters evening to witness the evolving birth of a pending storm.
Staring over the mountain, the mist shall vanish, revealing the glow of the heather under the newly exposed moonlight.
For though moonlight shall soon be devoured by the changing skyline, rain filled clouds of pending doom!
Looking up into the heavens, the skies will open, washing the man's sins away!
Surrounded by a barrage of thunder and lightning, only a lonely man shall remain!

moggy#9

My reliable sources have just confirmed a new signing! .... Just thought I'd throw this out to Jenks to decode :-

Only a lonely man walks through the mist of a Winters evening to witness the evolving birth of a pending storm.
Staring over the mountain, the mist shall vanish, revealing the glow of the heather under the newly exposed moonlight.
For though moonlight shall soon be devoured by the changing skyline, rain filled clouds of pending doom!
Looking up into the heavens, the skies will open, washing the man's sins away!
Surrounded by a barrage of thunder and lightning, only a lonely man shall remain!
Following their recent disappointing run, vasilevskiy is leaving the lightning (storm reference), changing skyline (Tampa for Cardiff), a barrage (he's been spotted rollerblading whilst eating a subway).

Maybe not. ;-)