Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2023/24

What was the injury that ended his season? Was it in a game?
I can't recall if he went off during the game, but he last featured in January against Cardiff. He stuck around afterwards getting treatment, and it was announced he most likely needed surgery. I've heard it was due to a hip injury, but not sure that was ever confirmed officially so take it with a pinch of salt

SteveKing

Obviously I’ve got some first hand experience with this kid. Jenks, incredibly disappointed that you didn’t make this connection. I’ve still got faith in you though.

Ryan is one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. Better yet, he’s all about team and all about winning. He can play anywhere in the lineup from first line to third. Plays with pace, has size, showed that he can contribute offensively and is a great PK guy. Ask him to do something and it’s done. The kind of guy that top teams have in their lineup. Experience in our league is a great help as well. As far as I can recall, I believe I’ve read Inferno posters looking for change, youth, size, speed and league experience. Hmmmmm. I sure hope the people that are negative on this signing start smiling A little more!

Diablo3

Obviously I’ve got some first hand experience with this kid. Jenks, incredibly disappointed that you didn’t make this connection. I’ve still got faith in you though.

Ryan is one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. Better yet, he’s all about team and all about winning. He can play anywhere in the lineup from first line to third. Plays with pace, has size, showed that he can contribute offensively and is a great PK guy. Ask him to do something and it’s done. The kind of guy that top teams have in their lineup. Experience in our league is a great help as well. As far as I can recall, I believe I’ve read Inferno posters looking for change, youth, size, speed and league experience. Hmmmmm. I sure hope the people that are negative on this signing start smiling A little more!
Looks exactly the sort of player we said we wanted. Can't wait, I'm bored with this off season already. :)

jenks33

You big party pooper Steve! As you mentioned a few weeks ago the club has clearly improved at making sure relatives/friends do not follow the Devils on social media until that player has signed. I’ll be waiting for somebody to slip up tho :)
In recent times trying to guess next seasons roster has been more entertaining than the actual hockey season! Let’s hope that changes next season :D

Last edited:

Devil94

Some highlights from last season. Looks to have great hands and shot, good skating. Young and needing to prove himself, what's not to like.

The fact that Todd brought him to Cardiff before the summer means to me that this is a player Todd wants here for the long term, part of the new core of more hopefully younger players to come.

lloyd_jeff

The only way clubs in this league can compete with the high player budgeting teams is by building core foundations. Bringing together both young and old, developing with a strong coaching team. The last few yrs the club have demonstrated perfectly by doing the opposite, we’ve all seen it doesn’t work.
We just need to understand 23/24 season and enjoy the hockey, the trophies will come.

tim78

Barrow looks an excellent signing!

His University days he seems to be amongst a load of NHL prospects, and I'm sure was towards the top of the league before Jan with Manchester.

Sounds like someone with speed which is hard to pull off in Manchester but a massive plus for the IAW. Having someone who's been described as strong in the corners has been missing since Haddad and Asselin days..

Massive Welcome Ryan...... and make Wannabe eat a piece giant of humble pie 8)

Rempel16

Huge re-signing for me… half believed the rumour of him going to Belfast.

I’m really excited to see what PR can get out of him in terms of points production. I’ve said before, and sticking by it- he has a high hockey IQ and I think there’s a 25-30 point guy in there.

AJ73

Great news - great couple of signings for the Devils and for longer term with them both being 26!

I agree with PR - I think we could see a big spike in point production for Brandt this year - if he could add that to his game - what a player!!

Brandt being back is great news. Definitely enjoy watching him and his passion is infectious.

Intrigued by Barrow. I’m hoping from my little experience of him and his numbers/build that we are getting something in the vein of a Joey Haddad.

Joey did the job in the corners, handled the puck extremely well, put up the points and was quick with it.

Anything like that at all and I’ll be happy.