Cardiff Devils need cheerleaders!!!

KaneDevils

"You don't know me so please don't try and understand who I am"......... followed by.......... "I fancy my support is far more encompassing than yours". [DELETED]. You made a point about your past viewings of cheerleaders not looking co-ordinated and Asselin'sstick calmly pointed out that he could help out in that area. I don't know if you were kicked out of a cheerleader squad in a past life but you need to chill out.
another thread on which your rude to another user. lucky for you, the mods can't be reading your posts.....

Last edited by a moderator:

pjj365

They can use the steps like the Bolts girls do, as for they add nothing...that's just ignorant! NHL have them, if they didn't draw a big crowd they wouldn't!
Cheer leaders are a fact of life in US sport but to suggest they are part of the attraction and imply they are partially responsible for the vast crowds attracted to NHL and by extension, I guess, football and baseball etc. is stretching a point. I'm not sure the crowds at US soccer are increased to NHL/NFL levels by cheerleaders presence

Even if they are part of the attraction, in the US it is respected profession with college scholarships available thus leading to a high standard.

I am not a fan but equally have no objection

It could be good for the club though -if the interest of the pre-pubescent boys at Belfast is anything to go by ticket sales to this age group would soar

Thread starter #24
Cheer leaders are a fact of life in US sport but to suggest they are part of the attraction and imply they are partially responsible for the vast crowds attracted to NHL and by extension, I guess, football and baseball etc. is stretching a point. I'm not sure the crowds at US soccer are increased to NHL/NFL levels by cheerleaders presence

Even if they are part of the attraction, in the US it is respected profession with college scholarships available thus leading to a high standard.

I am not a fan but equally have no objection

It could be good for the club though -if the interest of the pre-pubescent boys at Belfast is anything to go by ticket sales to this age group would soar
You do have a point!
Although I will admit the Belfast cheerleaders were young I did see a few lads cheering them on and clapping from the devils fans.
That's what put the thought into my head, attracting an influx of younger fans to keep the flow of fan generations going.

James

Administrator
another thread on which your rude to another user. lucky for you, the mods can't be reading your posts.....
Either that or we can't watch the forums 24/7

JoeyHaddad'sPims please can you refrain from insulting other forum members. Attack the post by all means, not the poster.

KaneDevils if you want to help out please use the Report tool rather than backseat moderating. We have to clean up the content of your quotes then too :)

Thread starter #26
Either that or we can't watch the forums 24/7

JoeyHaddad'sPims please can you refrain from insulting other forum members. Attack the post by all means, not the poster.

KaneDevils if you want to help out please use the Report tool rather than backseat moderating. We have to clean up the content of your quotes then too :)
Cheerleaders would take our minds off the Trolls getting abusive

Gough60

"Cheer leaders are a fact of life in US sport but to suggest they are part of the attraction and imply they are partially responsible for the vast crowds attracted to NHL."

6 teams in the NFL DONT have cheerleaders. Green Bay Packers, Cleveland Browns, NY Giants, Buffalo Bills, Chicago Bears & Pittsburgh Steelers.

Its a NO from me.

youngbob

And we could get a plastic blow-up tunnel with "smoke" from fire extinguishers, that would liven things up - just like that naff one in the Skydome

Oh, hang on a minute....

ASHIPP

OMG - what a dreadful idea. This Club has class. With a cheerleading troupe it goes from tasteful to trash in one fell swoop. Apart from eye candy for any drooling oversexed male supporters, how can it possibly be classed as entertainment?:mad:

If the purpose of cheerleading is to engage the crowd atmosphere on a permanent basis, the fans do a pretty good job without any additional encouragement.

And once you've seen Cameron Hughes in action, any other fan interaction doesn't cut it!:cool:

Long ago, an ice dance troupe would put on a display of skills in the period break to entertain the crowd - a really nice idea. And would be refreshing to see our junior Devils executing their drills once in a while in period breaks too.

Last edited: