Cardiff Devils v Hull Stingrays - Sat 7pm - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

Richardson left the ice early on Sunday against the Steelers, but hopefully he's ok and will play. Jason Stone may also be back for us.

Voth, Knight and Huppe are obviously still suspended, but Hull are also missing Jorde and Mitchell through injury.

The last encounter was obviously a tad heated *ahem* so hopefully this one won't descend into chaos towards the end, but we'll still get a hard hitting team out there.

Chris.

TheStub

This could be an interesting encounter - the run of results for Hull have been a little disappointing recently, and I can see them coming out push to take the points. More so after the last game.

Hopefully it wont be as violent as the last encounter, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a little heated!

I can see us being a team that is hard to beat at home this year.

Rempel16

I think that it is going to be a damp squid to be honest. (Hope i'm wrong)

Hull are missing their two toughest playes and are too shortbenched to let things get heated so it will probably descend into another Hull bore-fest.

TheStub

Doesn't sound like they have been holding back. Perhaps not as physical, but game reports indicate that they have been pushing hard.

Hopefully it will be entertaining, if not as physical.

TheStub

But the write-up for the game doesn't sound like Hull played too badly.

It is another big loss, and one more thing that makes them want to take the points in Cardiff.

One thing is certain IMHO - we wont be seeing any boring Hull games this season.

TheStub said:
But the write-up for the game doesn't sound like Hull played too badly.

It is another big loss, and one more thing that makes them want to take the points in Cardiff.

One thing is certain IMHO - we wont be seeing any boring Hull games this season.
No, what I meant was, they played a mid week game, flown to Belfast and 2 days later they are on a bus to Cardiff. I wasn't talking about the result. Just the fact they have already played, lost in Belfast short benched and then in cardiff Saturday. The result is not the issue that all.....

TheStub

I think we can win - but Hull are coming off the back of 3 losses, and by all accounts made a good show of it in all but one of those. Each match without a win, they will be pushing even harder.

So, Devils to win it, but I don't think it will be a push over and I don't think we will blank them.

On the plus side, they are too short benched to risk dropping the gloves - so we should be able to be more physical than them.

Wannabe2

Kick there butts devils, one man cost us 4 suspensions, kick the s==t out of them, and let the goals flow. We owe them its pay back time, do it for Capt Fantastic. Mess with us take the consequences.

Rempel16

Wannabe2 said:
Kick there butts devils, one man cost us 4 suspensions, kick the s==t out of them, and let the goals flow. We owe them its pay back time, do it for Capt Fantastic. Mess with us take the consequences.
That us exactly what i want to see tonight!!!! No-one should ever come into our barn and think they can match us physically and tonight it is time to show them why!!! Lets smash them up on the ice and the scoreboard.

Finny

Really good news. I think our last couple of games have shown our under-rated Stoney is and how good a stay-at-home defenceman he is.

Assuming Richardson (and the rest of the D) are fit, it should mean that Adams can move back to to the 3rd line and play alongside Towe and Davies/Hayes. I would guess that Michel will be moving to the 2nd line to take Brad's spot?

Finny said:
Really good news. I think our last couple of games have shown our under-rated Stoney is and how good a stay-at-home defenceman he is.

Assuming Richardson (and the rest of the D) are fit, it should mean that Adams can move back to to the 3rd line and play alongside Towe and Davies/Hayes. I would guess that Michel will be moving to the 2nd line to take Brad's spot?
oh I like the thought of that line. Michel isn't brad, but he's quick, can score and is a big lad.

TheStub

And it is all over. Devils 4 - 1 Stingrays.

A flat game by the sound of it. First line failing to deliver again (please can they find that magic again?) and the Brits showing the import forwards how it is done.

Not that it is a bad thing - but c'mon. Lets start scoring with the top lines, and if the bottom lines stick with this chemistry we will be laughing!!

I am a little fearful for tomorrow now - here is hoping that the challenge will make them play better.