Cardiff Devils v Hull Stingrays - Sat 7pm - Chat/Updates

Wow welcome back Dull.

Saying that they were 4 players down and had to play very defensively..... Still very dull.

Positives......Davies and Towe were brilliant. Richardson was very good.... Imports were shown up tonight by the brits. Defense looked pretty good, PK looked good. We were getting rid of Lyles rebounds.

Negatives: too much passing, one too many all the time, Latulippe anonomous, Smith blends in too much for my liking, miller couldn't keep on his skates all night and fanned on 99% of his shots/passes. Michel..... not much really to say. PP looked poor at times...

Thought Sandahl made some lovely saves, but seemed very peed off with his defense and at one point slashed his stick on the ice. He just looked very frustrated.

Crowd looked ok tonight, but was dead, biggest cheer was when Hull on PP took the puck over the line out of the zone.....

Cloutier and Latulippe all night seemed to constantly chirp and at one point Cloutier hit Latulippe in the face with his stick (I won't say slash as it makes it sound worse than it was)

Overall I'm happy we got 2 points, but I was so bored at the game...doesn't help that I've got a chest infection and was coughing my lungs up throughout the game!!!!!!

DEFINITLEY WHAT I PUT ON THF THIS TIME LOL

Maybe i'm being a little harsh on the imports :p

mazza03

Funny sort of game!!!!! Our Brits are the best and Ben deserved his MOM, at the moment they are playing better than the first line although I think there must have been some rockets shot during the frist period break because the M line came out and played better, the first period they were shocking. Stevie gave us heart attacks going out of his net as he did, STOP IT, please.

And please tell me, when did we turn into Coventry????????? This shouting goal, goal, goal? I hate it when Blaze does it and chatting to the people around me they don't seem to be impressed either so can we stop it? PLEASE, pretty please. It gets right up my nose, it always has :evil: .

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #25
Not a great game, and we didn't play amazingly well, but we went out there in 1st gear and still managed a convincing 4-1 victory against a depleted Hull team.

Massive shoutouts to Towe and Davies tonight for playing extremely well, both goals were good and they battled hard all night.

I'm really not sure what's going on with the 1st line, for whatever reason it just doesn't seem to be gelling. They need to start shooting more, although Birbraer was largely doing this tonight, he can't seem to find the net and Smith is drifting in and out of the games. Miller has largely been missing since the opening friendly against the Blaze.

It's been said teams are probably doing their all to shut our 1st line down, but i'd still have thought we could manage more points from them?

The 2nd line was a bit quiet tonight, but they're playing well, Latulippe seemed to be on the receiving end of a lot tonight, wonder if that's why he was quieter than usual.

The 3rd line continues to impress. Davies, Towe and Adams battle for everything and the brits especially are really showing how to play. Hopefully with Towe (sponsored by The-Inferno :D) and Davies scoring tonight, they'll bag some more this season, they're certainly playing well enough.

Our defence impressed tonight, apart from the 1 hiccup that led to a goal, they did what was needed on a limited Hull offensive, Lyle had his rebounds picked up a lot more tonight and we then pushed forward which was good to see.

Good game for Lyle as well tonight, made some good saves throughout the game, especially in the 2nd there were some great saves. Sandahl played well for Hull as well tonight, shown by his MoM, he certainly didn't seem very happy with his team though?

Hate to say it, but we don't seem to be missing Voth at the moment on the ice? We played fairly physical tonight, and we've shown it against the Steelers last weekend that we can play a good, physical game.

Tomorrow will be the real test, Blaze have won about 4 or 5 games in a row now I think? They're full strength and have a more physical team than last season, hopefully we can take it to them.

Chris.

I don't know why but Matt Miller just doesn't do it for me, i am prepared to give him another 4 - 5 games aswell as Maxi, and then i will give my full judgement on the pair of them. Our first line just isn't clicking at the moment and these two guy's are the main reason for it, we need this line working or we are fooked.

Finny

Not the best game to be honest. Hull tried and were quite physical - but never really offered that much up front.

Devils were worthy winners but never really had to push themselves to the limits for the win.

Devils first was a very nice goal, Ben Davies picking up the puck and counter-attacking down the left wing. Timing the pass perfectly, he got it past the last defenceman where Towe flicked it over the sliding Sandahl.

Devils second was scored by Smith, after the puck fell loose infront of the net and he fired it below a mass of bodies. If I'm honest, I would be furious if it had stood against us as there were two Devils players lying in the crease when the goal went in - though to be fair they had both been checked there by Hull players (Delayed penalty on the goal).

Devils got a bit too relaxed then and failed to pick up the spare man as Glowa won the puck in the corner and passed it to Koulivov skated in on his own at the far post.

Barely a minute had go though when from a face off, Towe won the draw and Ben Davies hit a one time slapshot into the top far corner. Another cracking goal.
Don't know why but Cloutier went mad and seemed to be demanding the goal was washed out. After looking at the replay I'm still clueless why.

Game was over 29 seconds into the final period. A scamble infront of the net ended up with Jarvis poking the puck home once again.

After that it was just a case of Sandahl keeping the score down. He made some great saves which stopped it being a mauling, and was a deserved MOTM. Many of the Stingrays players (especially Cloutier) seemed more concerned with trying to get a reaction from certain Devils player, than they were with trying to score and win the game.
Cloutier in particular was very lucky that Thompson missed him swinging his stick and catching Latulippe in the face.

For the Devils, Smith looked to be getting back to his old self, a couple of trademark moves and counter-attacks combined with the puck seemingly clued to his stick. He linked up well with Birbraer a couple of times but for some reason Miller wasn't at the races tonight. He couldn't pass, he couldn't recieve passes and he kept losing the puck as he crossed the blueline. Hopefully it was one of those games.

The second line worked hard and on another night Hill could have had a hat-trick.

But the stars of the night and the difference between the two sides was the Devils third line. Matt Towe controlled the play really well but Ben Davies was for me the best player on the ice tonight. His pass for Towe's goal was worthy of a seasoned import, whilst his own goal was unstoppable. Everytime he got the puck tonight he looked dangerous and the Stingrays defence just couldn't work out how to stop him legally.

Of course the irony is that had Voth not got banned from the previous Stingrays game - then Davies wouldn't have even played. Instead of rotating him with Hayes it was Davies who got shift after shift - and in the final period Adams rested/benched himself and put Hayes on alongide Towe and Davies. I would be amazed if there was a better 10th forward in the league than Davies.

Other than one or two little mistakes the Devils D looked a lot more solid today and bar the goal which Lyle had no chance with - he dealt with everything pretty well. Once again Richardson was brilliant and make it look like he has been playing on defence all his career.

Koop11

A good win in what was a pretty uneventful game. The Brits lead the way again. Particularly Ben Davies who was outstanding with Towe.

You know the first line has it but its not clicking at the moment for whatever reason. When it does though watch out becuase the Brits and a couple of other imports are keeping us competitive at the moment so rock on when the first line perform.

Jay looks a little lost out there but we know what he is capable of. With Voth due for return shortly the 2nd line will be back to its best again and I'm sure he'll find his feet.

Another 2 points. Well done lads.

Russky

3 things to come out of the game were the the flourishing partnership developing between Ben Davies and Matt Towe; Ben Davies Goal and a 'workmanlike' performance in a game that at times was like watching Paint dry! Reynolds is the new Knight!!! The best laugh I had was that guy dressed in a yellow chicken costume with Knights name and Number on the back!!!

Russky said:
The best laugh I had was that guy dressed in a yellow chicken costume with Knights name and Number on the back!!!
the chicken is a freind of ours and has a group on facebook if people want to join
the more pepole that join the more times it will be out this year and plus could the chicken replace lucy fur at some games :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: