Cardiff Devils v Nottingham Panthers - 22/03 - 6pm

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll definately be running MNL for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

This is the final league game of the season and it looks like we've finished in 5th, which is one place above last years finish :)

Panthers will finish 2nd or 3rd I think? Perhaps a bit of a nothing game, but hopefully both teams play properly!

Chris.

Re: Cardiff Devils v Nottingham Panthers

I think that Nottingham need to win tonight to guarantee 2nd place. If they lose, they'd still be 2nd if Coventry lose to Newcastle. So I'd say Nottingham will want to win.

A win would give us the boost we need to go into the playoff quarter finals.

So should be a good game.

Hope it'll be a good game, its our first home game of the season, we've flown 3500+ miles to be here - been looking forward to it a long time! Despite having the NHL on our doorstep, its just not the same as watching your own team :)

James

Administrator
DaytonDevil said:
Hope it'll be a good game, its our first home game of the season, we've flown 3500+ miles to be here - been looking forward to it a long time! Despite having the NHL on our doorstep, its just not the same as watching your own team :)
I hope you weren't too dissapointed :)

TheStub

A match so good, the followers online crashed the MNL server :D

If there was anything to prove that there is a need for live webcasts of Devils games, that is it. Imagine how much we could have made for on demand video of last nights game? :D :D

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #6
Fantastic game! Just a shame we managed to break MNL with about 7mins left :(

If we can keep this form up for next weekend, we should be able to defeat the Giants!

I'll post something better later :)

Chris.

James

Administrator
TheStub said:
Imagine how much we could have made for on demand video of last nights game? :D :D
But they always die in the 3rd period too don't they ;) (not the Edinburgh one mind, which is ace)

Ger-Devils

Chris Stone said:
Fantastic game! Just a shame we managed to break MNL with about 7mins left :(

If we can keep this form up for next weekend, we should be able to defeat the Giants!

I'll post something better later :)

Chris.
Haha I had to resort to texting my mates at the game for updates when it went down!

TheStub

James said:
TheStub said:
Imagine how much we could have made for on demand video of last nights game? :D :D
But they always die in the 3rd period too don't they ;) (not the Edinburgh one mind, which is ace)
:lol: Yeah - only Caps seem to have actually thought through numbers of users and bandwidth.

To mis-quote Jaws, I think we are going to need a bigger box :D

What made it all the worse for me, my sisters phone died not long before MNL, so no updates for me apart from ih-update, which was also struggling.

Last night proves the sort of support this sport has, and that there is a need for better coverage. Thank god for MNL I say ;D

drainage

Indeed bitter !!! As for commenting on instigation they need to look at their own house ..... how Bergin managed to keep out of the box is beyond comprehension !! He was chippy , in the middle of everything and more often than not trying to goad a response from the Devils. In my view the ref had some crazy shouts last night but they seemed to go in favour of the Panthers not us ..... I know we are all biased for our own team but come on !!

Koop11

Thought we controlled the game last night. We were very solid defensively and Aubs deserved his MoM. Up front we seem to have found our scoring touch. Let’s hope we can play like that during the playoffs. We’ll be a threat to anyone on that form.

Special mention to McIver for his jog in his sweats during the lap of honour. Absolutely brilliant.

I was quite suprised the shots on goal were so close - I thought we had a few more than them? Aubs did brilliantly though and Devils seem to be a lot sharper in front of goal than they were earlier in the season. Really enjoyed the game although the "scuffles" resulted in a few too many stoppages which always take the officials longer to sort out. I'm not saying I don't like to see a good fight - but most of it was nothing and just 2 minutes for roughing which they take a couple of minutes to sort out.

Voth was brilliant (in the minutes he wasn't in the box) - in fact - he must have hardly spent any time on the bench with the other players as he seemed to just ice in between penalties :lol:

Didn't see too much of the couple of ENL players who iced last night, but they looked good when they were on.

6 wins in a row - bring on Belfast.

Wannabe2

Really enjoyed this game, we played very well, and as a unit. Prpichs hit was awesome, richardson didnt know what hit him, and he had his head up his arse from that point on, Aubs was his usual solid self, the D handled anything thrown at them, our offence took control, and everyone played there parts to perfection. Two impressive points taken from a team hoping to finish in 2nd spot, a very good night all around. Think Bergin has a death wish wanting to mix it with THE MAN but it takes all types. Great to see a near full house, and to send everyone home very happy, bring on the Giants now, the next two games are there problems not ours.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

James

Administrator
Wannabe2 said:
Think Bergin has a death wish wanting to mix it with THE MAN but it takes all types.
In all fairness since they have deregistered their glass cannon, Bergin is the only guy to stand up for his team. It's certainly something he is never afraid of doing despite the odds. Either way their lack of physicallity helped them loose the game last night. The speed of Tessier last night they are probably regretting deregistering Ndur now :)

The referee's calls didn't go our way with retaliation resulting in penalties but not instigation and there was a set-to at the end with Brad Voth at the Nottingham bench.

No mention of the odious little turd, Tessier, trying to spear Brad as he passed their bench

jodysstillagirlsname said:
The referee's calls didn't go our way with retaliation resulting in penalties but not instigation and there was a set-to at the end with Brad Voth at the Nottingham bench.

No mention of the odious little turd, Tessier, trying to spear Brad as he passed their bench
No... although their fans seem to be a bit concerned on the cage as to whether he'll be banned for the playoffs.

Watch this space?

Russky

I went to the game expecting to see non contact boring testimonial hockey! How wrong I was and how glad I am I was so wrong! It was a cracking game from start to final buzzer! Bergin in my view should have got match as he was trying to instigate things with most of the Devils guys. Credit where its due, Aubs was outstanding and fully deserved both shut out and MOTM!
We looked threatening in attack and shut down the panthers in key areas! Well Done guys!