Cardiff Devils v Sheffield Steelers - Sat 7pm - Chat/Updates

OMG I cant believe it they were awsome. Squeelers must have thought they had it in the bag I certainly would have had the roles been reversed. If we can play like tihs with a line down what can we achieve with a full team.

Well done Devils IK am so proud of you

drainage

Fubar said:
two fingers up to Darnell. Sheffield and the League..WE ARE THE CARDIFF DEVILS!!!!!!!!!
can someone explain the delay of game in the last minute please ... am p**sed theyb got a point but wow we got 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Devils were awesome, can't fault anyone tonight whatsoever!

I was so angry with the delay of game call on Michel tonight though, it was pathetic! Really makes me wonder if the ref's are blatantly on Sheffields side. Not long after there was a blatant trip on G that was missed. If Hutchins hadn't been called for roughing with the punch to Miller in OT (who did brilliantly not to retaliate) then I would definitely have thought there was some bias there!!

I think it was Sheppard and Cruikshank who I could see shouting across the ice asking Hutchins why had he given away such a stupid pen at that time. It was fitting really considering the guy had tried to flatten Davies and then fought Towe that he was the one who lost the game for the Steelers. Strap a pair on Jeff and take on someone your own size!

Max

according to a friend who text me after speaking to Franny, Darnell thought the puck had gone into the defensive zone, therefor 2 min's delay of game.....

samidevils said:
according to a friend who text me after speaking to Franny, Darnell thought the puck had gone into the defensive zone, therefor 2 min's delay of game.....
Which would be fair enough, but it was blatantly a good 2/3 yards away from the defensive zone. Every one in the arena could see it, but 3 men who were paid to see it couldn't! At such a crucial time too, frustrating!

Finny

samidevils said:
If that is true that is shocking. It was nowhere near the defensive zone, it was only just outside the Steeler's zone.

Max Beerbarrell said:
samidevils said:
Which would be fair enough, but it was blatantly a good 2/3 yards away from the defensive zone. Every one in the arena could see it, but 3 men who were paid to see it couldn't! At such a crucial time too, frustrating!
No way did that puck enter the defensive zone. Well said.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #69
Forgot to mention...

How good was the atmosphere tonight!? Well done/thanks to everyone, even Darnells attempt at worst call ever didn't stop us :D

Screw you Dave Simms, screw you, looks like our British netminder was better than your import, boohoohoo!

Chris.

Chris said:
Forgot to mention...

How good was the atmosphere tonight!? Well done/thanks to everyone, even Darnells attempt at worst call ever didn't stop us :D

Screw you Dave Simms, screw you, looks like our British netminder was better than your import, boohoohoo!

Chris.
Yes but Dave Simms still thinks no Elite league team will win the league with a British born goalie, what does he know? :lol:

Chris said:
Forgot to mention...

Chris.
I'd like to thanks Jeff Hutchins! What a fool. Gassed by xmas?? :lol:

Gaz G

Devils were immense tonight despite various dodgy calls.
It was great to see the squeelers fans actually squeeling.
Matt Towe, take a bow mate.
Richie, take a bow mate,
Devils, as a group of individuals, on ice, off ice TEAM, take a bow.
Squeelers looked poor compared to recent years and we looked quality. Now is the time to forget about how well everyone else is getting on but to concentrate on us, the cardiff devils who in the face of adversity can beat the so called league and playoff champions. Not this year shuff.

Gaz G said:
Devils were immense tonight despite various dodgy calls.
It was great to see the squeelers fans actually squeeling.
Matt Towe, take a bow mate.
Richie, take a bow mate,
Devils, as a group of individuals, on ice, off ice TEAM, take a bow.
Squeelers looked poor compared to recent years and we looked quality. Now is the time to forget about how well everyone else is getting on but to concentrate on us, the cardiff devils who in the face of adversity can beat the so called league and playoff champions. Not this year shuff.
Love it GAZ :eek:

Dai Vader said:
Chris said:
Forgot to mention...

Chris.
Yes but Dave Simms still thinks no Elite league team will win the league with a British born goalie, what does he know? :lol:
its ok, Steelers won't win the league playing like that with an import netminder......

As I said at the start of the season, I can't see any team stopping the Devils from winning the league championship this year. Well done guys and well done to Matt for funding the project.

Gaz G

J.B said:
As I said at the start of the season, I can't see any team stopping the Devils from winning the league championship this year. Well done guys and well done to Matt for funding the project.
haha. Blaze struggling aswell are they? 4 imports down tonight you dip s**t. Only paid 11 players for tonights performance and still won.

Gaz G said:
J.B said:
haha. Blaze struggling aswell are they? 4 imports down tonight you dip s**t. Only paid 11 players for tonights performance and still won.
Bit out of order Gaz G, JB was putting our name up in lights and you called him a dip s**t, left a sour taste in my mouth really. :(

Diafol

Dave Matsos...Dave Simms..Bob Phillips...Seth Armstrong....Zak Dingle...Kevin Blackwell...Seth Bennett...Brian Laws...Your boys took a hell of a beating....Dave Simms can you hear me ?? Your boys took a hell of a beating !!! :D

Ger-Devils said:
Throwdown on the devils forum :p hardcore has a way of sneaking in anywhere!

Looking at what everyone wrote we have 100% rights to say we are the best fans and team in the UK. Even with 4 players down it sounds like the atmosphere didn't falter and neither did the guy on the ice.

I'm am very proud to call myself a fan of the Cardiff Devils.