Cardiff @ Fife - Friday 19th December - Chat & Updates

Skippy

Thread starter #1

This Friday see's the Devils on the road in Fife.

I'm sure that Amazepucks will be along to tell us how awesome they are this season shortly so there will be no need for our usual game previews.

OJ has managed to get a couple of helpful Flyers fans to agree to help us out with (which is brilliant) so we will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game, as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com.

My head says a comfortable win for Devils..we are weakened greatly without Haines and Nickerson...we had to mx/match our lines last weekend and our Forwards can beat anyone on theyre day...so as I can never predict a Flyers loss I will go for a 5-4 win.

wildthing74

Amazepux said:
My head says a comfortable win for Devils..we are weakened greatly without Haines and Nickerson...we had to mx/match our lines last weekend and our Forwards can beat anyone on theyre day...so as I can never predict a Flyers loss I will go for a 5-4 win.
I'm going 9-1 Devils & Tom Muir getting tossed for fighting Hendrikx.

Wannabe2

I am going for a 9-8 win for the devils with Tom Muir netting 8, saving a penalty shot, decking everyone except the hot dog seller, and taking man of the match yet again.

Jones72

Re: Cardiff @ Fife - Friday 19th December - Chat & Updates

Amazepux said:
Bollocks! You've got Muir...you'll be all over us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

We dont have a hotdog seller...we have a cafe...Tommy Muir once worked there as a kid..top stovies seller in Scotland..Scooper couldnt sell nowt!
True story

Wannabe2

Amazepux said:
We dont have a hotdog seller...we have a cafe...Tommy Muir once worked there as a kid..top stovies seller in Scotland..Scooper couldnt sell nowt!
True story
Actually Coops is THE TOP SELLER of Porche cars in Cardiff, how many stovies would you have to sell to match that.true Story.

:lol: Wish we had someone selling stovies in the BBT! Says something when the best fayre available is from a caravan in the car park.

No disrespect intended to the Pizza Guy.....they are very very good!

James

Administrator

Fife stovies are actually rather nice. Better than the cups of warm sick they call stovies in Murrayfield.

Devil_Abroad

How much will Nickerson be missed? I know he's the 'enforcer' - but seeing his chubbiness when dressed in kit does he have any speed or skill?

Full roster for us should hopefully tire out a short bench?

Skippy

Thread starter #13
Devil_Abroad said:
How much will Nickerson be missed? I know he's the 'enforcer' - but seeing his chubbiness when dressed in kit does he have any speed or skill?

Ive always been pretty impressed with Nickerson.

When not gooning it up he seems to log insane minutes and gets the job done.

Devil_Abroad

Does he wear insanely thick chest protection?

He also sounds Canadian when listening to youtube's video of the interview after his mauling of Lord last year - though he's a yank?

:roll:

skippy said:
Devil_Abroad said:

We'll have plenty of bums on the bench but not enough quality from brits (muir and horne aside) Nickerson has picked his battles this season but lost it against Steelers and got deserved 4 match ban IMO...I think he would rather have smashed the ref but then took his frustration out on Eddy who was getting away with being a bit if a 'Frank'. Alss I will be on a night out with nearest and dearest whuch doesnt involve a trip to the rink unfortunately. At least one of us has some sense..

Amazepux said:
skippy said:
Devil_Abroad said:

We'll have plenty of bums on the bench but not enough quality from brits (muir and horne aside) Nickerson has picked his battles this season but lost it against Steelers and got deserved 4 match ban IMO...I think he would rather have smashed the ref but then took his frustration out on Eddy who was getting away with being a bit if a 'Frank'. Alss I will be on a night out with nearest and dearest whuch doesnt involve a trip to the rink unfortunately. At least one of us has some sense..
I like Nickerson. He's a good player when controlling his temper but does have a tendency to lose it. Most fun players to watch though!!

I do really dislike Eddy though!!

James

Administrator

I was surprised how good Nickerson was. Bit of a loose cannon but I'm sure we'd all love the beard if he played for us