Challenge Cup Final 2010

last time they tried red out the rink i dont think it worked too well, not enough of the fans attending seem to participate, i would go for the towel option. That way you can sell towels on the night to the people that didnt bring them in advance and make a bit of money from it too. I loved waving my towel around last time :D

Diafol

Don't some NHL teams give away T-shirts in "their" colours to home fans as they enter the arena for this purpose ?

I know the club probably couldn't afford to give them away, but I wouldn't mind paying a few extra quid on my ticket price for a commemorative CC Final T-shirt :D

Gazza272

as Diafol says about giving T-shirts at the door, for me sadly is the only way things like this work. When left to our own devices we have never redded or whited the rink out like we have been asked to do, and in patches it always looks more silly than menacing for me.

It has to be a real effort from the top of the club to the bottom for it to work imo. But if it did work boy would it be a sight :D

You could make it a forum project! Get people to spread the word - not everyone uses the internet so even if the Devils club got behind it, not everyone would see it. You need word of mouth at the rink. Maybe design a really simple flyer. Everyone could print off 10 say and hand them out at the two preceeding games or something.

It's possible - we should go for it :twisted:

wildthing74

This is a great idea.Shame we could not afford a bit of self promotion and have red t shirts with 'The inferno' logo and a Devils badge on.One of us win the lottery on Saturday and job done.

kettdevil1

CJDevil21 said:
if we get nottingham - how about a black out.......no not our clothes turn the lights off and play them we might win then :lol:
Or alternatively we could do a repeat of last years playoffs and just hold up newspapers when Nottingham/Sheffield come out...

It was a classic. :D

TheStub

Quick search, and bright red XL t-shirts are £1.14 each from the first site I found. If we bought 2000 ;)

Perhaps sponsorship... get them printed up with an Inferno logo, an event (Challenge Cup Final 2010 ;) ) and a few sponsors logos. £2k would let us hand out a sell out crowd of t-shirts. Not an unachievable amount.

My thoughts, we only give out XL or XXL - makes ordering and handing out easier. Lets be honest - we are going for the effect, not the fashion sense ;)

drainage

TheStub said:
Quick search, and bright red XL t-shirts are £1.14 each from the first site I found. If we bought 2000 ;)

Perhaps sponsorship... get them printed up with an Inferno logo, an event (Challenge Cup Final 2010 ;) ) and a few sponsors logos. £2k would let us hand out a sell out crowd of t-shirts. Not an unachievable amount.

My thoughts, we only give out XL or XXL - makes ordering and handing out easier. Lets be honest - we are going for the effect, not the fashion sense ;)
for my money we are going to have to buy tickets for game - so adding a couple quid to cost and giving a t shirt away with each ticket = common sense Id be up for that !!

From a girlie perspective how about X rather than XL ?? I am only 5ft 2 and a dress over jeans is soooooooo not a good look !!!

TheStub

drainage said:
From a girlie perspective how about X rather than XL ?? I am only 5ft 2 and a dress over jeans is soooooooo not a good look !!!
I would agree, but an XL will definitely fit you, but there are members of our fan base that may struggle with an XL.

Perhaps a split...but you wouldn't want to have tonnes left. Perhaps, loads more XL than anything else - but a choice for the first people through the door.

The sooner you get in, the more chance you get your size ;)

drainage

TheStub said:
drainage said:
I would agree, but an XL will definitely fit you, but there are members of our fan base that may struggle with an XL.

Perhaps a split...but you wouldn't want to have tonnes left. Perhaps, loads more XL than anything else - but a choice for the first people through the door.

Okey dokey you get a few "smaller" sizes in I guarantee to buy my ticket as soon as !!! I have a 5ft 2 twin too so thats 2 smaller sizes needed !!

What do you reckon on printing if its a £1 or so on t shirts must be do able for £2 ? I know times are tight but couple quid on ticket ? or how about bucket round for next game (or 2) and see what that gathers ??

ASHIPP

TheStub said:

Is this also something that could be advertised well before the home leg at the Blue Tent - for example through a mention in match programmes (Come on Matt/Shannon - put it in the Welcome notes!) or a flyer with the match programmes or just giving out flyers seperately on match nights. I don't think many people would object to an extra couple of quid on the ticket price to cover the costs of t-shirts/advertising for a match souvenir this important! :D

Ger-Devils

TheStub said:
drainage said:

I know of quite a few who would take the offer up! Would be awesome to see the rink redded out!

DevilDom

I'd happily join in for a few pound extra.

I'm even thinking if I could get my company to stump up the money - would be a great advertsining / marketting opportunity. :?:

Ger-Devils

DevilDom said:
I'd happily join in for a few pound extra.

I'm even thinking if I could get my company to stump up the money - would be a great advertsining / marketting opportunity. :?:
Think it would be a good marketing ploy by them!