Challenge Cup Semi Final - Steelers Vs Nottingham Panthers

wildthing74

Re: Challenge Cup Semi Final. Steelers Vs Nottingham Panthers.

Really not sure how I want this to go?Logic says on paper we have a better chance v Steelers but their recent changes and the fact that they always play above themselves in finals/big games makes me wonder what team will turn up.
It's well documented our pants record at the NIC would make that a tough place to get a result there.
For whats its worth over the 2 games I expect Panthers to win but think either side will be equally hard to overcome in the final.

Thread starter #4

no coverage on on radio sheff from what i been told, but on sky on friday! funny how this semi is and the other one wasnt just a though

Gazza272

devils2001uk said:
no coverage on on radio sheff from what i been told, but on sky on friday! funny how this semi is and the other one wasnt just a though

Makes sense to me.

Why would cardiff want to give up the whole of Block 3 for a cup semi final where we would be selling lots of tickets? it would be losing a lot of revenue for us. Also the second leg was played in Dundonald which probably isnt the easiest place for Televideo to get to, and would also be taking away from Belfasts webcast service which gains them a lot of money.

Cant see the problem myself

I wonder if I can get to Friday without knowing the score?! Doubt it. At least I'll be in on Friday for once to watch the Sky coverage, although only if it's the right result.

Win or lose, I'm going to have a fabbbalous night! :D

Chris

Administrator
After much deliberation, I think I would rather see the Steelers win over 2 legs.

With our away form being as utterly rubbish as it is, I think the Panthers could do a lot more damage to us at the NIC than the Steelers could at the Hallam.

Panthers are also one of the few teams to beat us at home this season, i'd like to think that despite the away result for us, we could either make up the difference at home and come out on top, or like Belfast hang on during the away game and let the first result cushion the result.

Unfortunately, I think the Panthers will come out on top over the course of 2 legs against Sheffield :cry:

Chris.

Chris

Administrator
Damnit, not the result I was looking for :E

Hopefully Steelers can at least get into the game a little bit!

Chris.

Looks like we will be facing panthers in the final unfortunately, chances of sheffield coming back from this are slime to none.
I've gotta say tcw coverage has made me realise just how good the inferno one is, get so much more information about whats going on in the game. No offense to tcw and its still a good service they provide just think the infernos mnl is much more informative.

zoesdevil

scottydoesntknow said:
It would be nothing short of a miracle if the Steelers could get back from a 4 - 0 deficit (at presant) and beat the Panthers at the NIC :eek: :(
To be honest..........................................No chance!!!

they have more chance of winning the league this season by 15 points!!! :lol: