CHL 2021/22

Devil94

Thread starter #42
Not a bad one that. Switzerland and Germany, I think everyone would have taken teams from there. Let's hope they will be the opening double header together, that would be great. The arena in Mannheim looks awesome!

Raumo is a bit of a trek with travel, but the opportunity to play the Finnish Champions is superb.

I do think fans will be allowed in the games by then. The tricky bit starts with countries going on and off the green list at short notice. Makes planning for the trips difficult.

KaneDevils

I personally love the CHL, seeing our team compete with top teams from around Europe. Watching them pit their witts against Europe's elite. Having the opportunity to watch players such as colton yellow horn. I attended the graz home game a few years back and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the day, from the atmosphere and friendliness from the away fans to the game itself and the buzz factor driving home. I struggle to see how anyone can't enjoy it. Each to their own I suppose.

SteveKing

Just to follow up on this, there is no question that the Devils playing in the CHL was a big part in Mikkelson’s decision to sign with us. He had done his research and knew about us from his time in Mannheim and Salzburg And had seen our CHL results.

Kevlar68

Steve is this season looking likely to be with the challenge cup or is it trying to limit it just for one season with the league and playoffs?
If i'm being honest the Challenge Cup holds no interest to me, i just can't get excited by it at all.

SteveKing

I haven’t heard anything about taking Challenge Cup out. Right now it seems like the plan is for everything the same other than pushed back a month - and personally I’d like to see it stay this way. Hockey in August is a tougher sell!

Wannabe2

Personnally I would hate to lose the Challenge Cup, the CHL begins our season off, the league is the season long, and the play offs sees the season finish, so the C.C.is that thing in between and the games are usually the business. Plus the final in Cardiff is usually a barn burner.

Kevlar68

Some are happy with it but i myself just think its a nothing competition until the final, just my opinion. Been to a few CC games and never been a sell out, not much atmosphere and never enjoyed them just a bit of a "meh" game but i get it from a business point of view.
A barn burner until we say "Tonight we slay Giants" Oops!

Wannabe2

Semis against Panthers or whoever have always been pretty neat, and the finals have always been very good. Without earlier games you wouldn’t get there, also watching the devils is never boring so the more games the better thank you.

kingmo19.1

We'll just agree to disagree and understand your view on it but not for me, its the carabao cup of hockey.
Never been convinced by the challenge cup - just too many games for the sake of games with too many dead rubbers.

Maybe it would be more interesting if it were a cut down version but up the ante somewhat with the winners also accumulating 5 points in the league