CHL Tickets

moggy#9

Just goes to show how all over the place this upcoming season is going to be

I imagine every club will be doing announcements like this quite a lot throughout the season.

Hopefully it doesn’t get to the point where teams are depleted and games have to be cancelled etc.
It looks like tonight could get embarrassing. Mannheim already had an advantage with prep and bench strength. I think this just underlines my decision not to attend in person. The club is going to have to strengthen its covid protocols.

Rempel16

It looks like tonight could get embarrassing. Mannheim already had an advantage with prep and bench strength. I think this just underlines my decision not to attend in person. The club is going to have to strengthen its covid protocols.
See, i think we will sneak a result. Backs to the wall and all that...

Devil94

If this is to become a regular occurrence during the season, and it probably will be, a squad of 19 is starting to look a little thin. We don't have any 2 way players that I'm aware of?
Would assume Skate Skalde will not be available tonight as cover either if he lives with his old man.

Ocko

To say the club needs to strengthen their COVID protocols is a little unfair. We don’t know what their protocols are first of all, and secondly the way this virus has spread has shown us that’s it’s probably just one of those things unfortunately.

Whilst we clearly wanted everyone available it isn’t the end of the world. Had we lost our whole first line I may be inclined to be more worried. But win or lose I’ll just be happy to see a game live again.

Hockeymad

Davies can't be replaced neither can batch but they are not our key key players.

Waller or duggan will get more ice time because of Davies.

Richie or OConnor will have to log more minutes on defence

It's not rocket science.

I think it will be tough no matter what.

moggy#9

To say the club needs to strengthen their COVID protocols is a little unfair. We don’t know what their protocols are first of all, and secondly the way this virus has spread has shown us that’s it’s probably just one of those things unfortunately.

Whilst we clearly wanted everyone available it isn’t the end of the world. Had we lost our whole first line I may be inclined to be more worried. But win or lose I’ll just be happy to see a game live again.
I'm sure that the club are doing what they can with their staff. My point was, and I apologise for being unclear, that if the staff can catch it, then they really need to tighten the rules for the fans. If what I saw in the centre of Cardiff today was anything to go by, covid is going to be rampant in the city fairly soon.

moggy#9

Davies can't be replaced neither can batch but they are not our key key players.

Waller or duggan will get more ice time because of Davies.

Richie or OConnor will have to log more minutes on defence

It's not rocket science.

I think it will be tough no matter what.
Mannheim already have 4 full lines. Because of the stupid eihl rules we didn't even have 4 forward lines to start off with. Even if we can play a cagey game for 2 periods, by the 3rd our short bench and lack of match fitness is going to show. Circumstances certainly seem to be conspiring against us, probably to the delight of a certain element of the orange rabble.

mjh

I wonder if there is a contingency plan in place for the EIHL season for teams short benched through covid. For instance, could players step up from the lower leagues at short notice to fill in? We have had 2 way contracts for a couple in the past. This would only work if it was to be available to all EIHL teams. Not sure it's in place but just a thought!

moggy#9

I wonder if there is a contingency plan in place for the EIHL season for teams short benched through covid. For instance, could players step up from the lower leagues at short notice to fill in? We have had 2 way contracts for a couple in the past. This would only work if it was to be available to all EIHL teams. Not sure it's in place but just a thought!
I'd certainly like to see proper farm arrangements for all eihl clubs. We could choose from Bristol, Swindon or Basingstoke, but the gulf in standards is so big that I doubt that many players coming up would get of the benches.

I can see quite a few matches behind postponed this season, and in turn quite a bit of fixture congestion in the spring.

Kevlar68

Lausanne club just got back to me as I had to send my vaccinstion QR code to them to check it worked with French QR reader app and it works. Thank God.

matbur

539 days since not seeing the team play underlines my decision to attend in person.

What aspect of the club's covid protocols do you feel should be improved and how? Please share...

moggy#9

539 days since not seeing the team play underlines my decision to attend in person.

What aspect of the club's covid protocols do you feel should be improved and how? Please share...
As I've said on numerous threads in the past the club should operated on a similar basis to other eihl clubs and insist on examining people's vaccination/test status. Additionally I'd want to be sure that mask wearing is being properly enforced.

ASHIPP

The hideous comments about adversity on the Steelers and Panthers fan forums beggar belief. A team struggling in the CHL because of being short benched might be one thing to poke fun at... but to make a joke of adversities because of Covid restrictions, and potentially having the disease itself is utterly unacceptable.

Those teams should be ashamed of that small section of the fan base who will laugh at something for all the wrong reasons. Wonder what happens when some of their guys have to self-isolate.