Confirmed Signings all teams 2014/15

Finny

Harlan said:
We have an ex British international in Horne who can do a job equal to a budget import D man and can be relied upon every week, which is why we only go with 3 import D, and also Muir has developed into a very good D man over the three years in the league and again can be relied upon week in week out and should have been in the GB training squad last season.
They easily match up to Swindlehurst and McCluskey in Dundee and are far better than anything that Edinburgh have to offer Brit wise.
The Brit D core at Fife is also better than those at Coventry, Braehead and Hull
In Regan Flyers will also have a netminder who will be top three in the league this year and overalll the team will be a lot better as well with our three new additions
As you said though, Horne is an ex-GB international and at 33 has been overtaken by Swindlehurst who is a current international. I'll agree that your British D is better than Coventry, Hull and Braehead at the moment.

Based on their experience and previous stats, I would put Stewart, Cheverie and Doyle ahead of Regan.

wildthing74

Swindlehurst is a hugely under rated player and I would expect to be picked up by an arena team in the next year or two. As for Cov's Brit D I would take them over Fife too. Whist Horne & Muir are experienced they are combined age over 30.Both Griffin and Chalmers are great skaters and Griffin massively improved his strength and checking in the games I saw last year.Chalmers has had terrible luck with injury but if he can have a healthy year he's surely a candidate for GB.

Nice to know we still got the best Brit D men partnership in the league though :D

wildthing74

Temme said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/puck-daddy/danish-hockey-players-suspended-fired-team-game-fixing-221521593--nhl.html

Just a little more information about Steelers new guy Tyler Mosienko.

I for one, intend to to scream at the top of my lungs "Did you bet on that, Tyler?" at EVERYTHING he does in the big blue tent.

Welcome to the EIHL, cheat.
As much as I love G I still can't believe he signed a guy that cheated his team mates. It's all well and good people getting a second chance but if you are one of the guys in the room how could you look him in the eye and not wonder if he is one of you? Hockey teams are a brotherhood so to have cheated team mates just for a few quid is insane.

Wannabe2

wildthing74 said:
Temme said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/puck-daddy/danish-hockey-players-suspended-fired-team-game-fixing-221521593--nhl.html

I for one, intend to to scream at the top of my lungs "Did you bet on that, Tyler?" at EVERYTHING he does in the big blue tent.

As much as I love G I still can't believe he signed a guy that cheated his team mates. It's all well and good people getting a second chance but if you are one of the guys in the room how could you look him in the eye and not wonder if he is one of you? Hockey teams are a brotherhood so to have cheated team mates just for a few quid is insane.
Totally agree, I don't get this at all, cheating on your own team mates is a defo no no. Also leaves him wide open to barracking, not a great move.

Finny

James said:
I hate to say it but is G finding recruiting more difficult without Franny doing the legwork.
It certainly seems to be the case.

I'm surprised that G said without the betting issues then Mosienko wouldn't be affordable for them. Yes he has good AHL experience but his stats aren't anything we haven't seen before.

I guess it depends where these latest players fit in to Sheffield's team and whether they are first or second line players.

Temme

http://www.adn.com/node/1518086

A little more information about it.

probably a 20ish goal scorer in our money, (but the other PR says that they wouldn't be able to afford him?!?)

Regardless of anything, I wouldn't want to play in a team where one of my team mates has bet against us.

Anyone who thinks like that has no place in professional sport.

Every player goes missing from games on the odd occasion, but when Tyler goes missing there's always going to be that 'what if' question asked.

Ocko

I'm surpised he said they wouldn't have been able to afford him too. They were apparently in for Walton and offered him considerably more money than us but he wanted the 1 year uni course rather than 2. Maybe as a fall back they offered Roy a big salary to obtain his services as no doubt, with his pedigree, he would come at a price. G was also the sort of coach in the past to sign known quality players (at a cost) for the first line and then take a few cheaper gambles throughout the other lines. Only the year we came second did we have 3 good scoring lines, and I dont think G himself expected us to have that much depth. I know the majority of us didnt think that Macrae, Michel, Smith, Pelle would put up the numbers they did.

As for G's recruitment, it's is naturally going to be so much harder for him now... Imagine having to sell the City of Sheffield to a player!

DevilDom

Temme

Interesting to see how his points as forward look compared to our D signing Hotham.

he does look a quality signing, and from the video's i've seen of him, he looks an unreal skater!

Have Hope#35

Temme said:
Interesting to see how his points as forward look compared to our D signing Hotham.

he does look a quality signing, and from the video's i've seen of him, he looks an unreal skater!
Just imagine a player of this calibre as our final signing... Here's dreaming :mrgreen:

drainage

wildthing74 said:
Temme said:

Am with you it seems crazy granted he may have been cheaper than normal due to tainted past but seriously there has to be a big question mark over him,

His own team and fans are one thing but anyone seriously expecting zero feedback /chants/ banter from other 9 teams is naive and heaven forbid he misses a sitter !

Wonder would one of the recent footballers accused of same "crime" would be allowed to sign up and turn up for a team again?

No matter the cost the baggage seems to suggest this is at best an odd signing