Confirmed Signings all teams 2014/15

Ocko

Good signing by Fife, in any other year this would be right up there as one of the signings of the off season on paper, however everyone seems to have players like this, this year. The league has definitely improved a great deal this coming season.

Ocko

Have Hope#35 said:
Agreeably some of them are short term contracts, presumably for the CHL but how many Imports is that now... I make it 15!!!
The only problem with that is there is an overlap of a few EIHL games with the CHL so all these top players the Panthers have signed will be available against us and a few other teams, of course not all the imports can ice but some of the players signed, in particular the last two are leagues apart from the EIHL.

Ocko said:
Good signing by Fife, in any other year this would be right up there as one of the signings of the off season on paper, however everyone seems to have players like this, this year. The league has definitely improved a great deal this coming season.
i agree ocko...he looks ace....on to the next one!

Have Hope#35

Amazepux said:
Ocko said:
Put's you back in the hunt for 7th ;)

The majority of our team was signed before Todd left, Thornton has said he will be patient on signings as no rush to fill remaining spots.
With the return of Brookwell its the exact same defence that coasted to the league last year with the best goals against average so am delighted to see him back.

We still have 4 import forwards to sign so looking forward to the calibre of player Thornton can bring in.

Giants have a good core of players back from last season and I fully expect them to be just as good as last year. Hopefully not better ;)

From a personal point of view I'm glad to see the back of Swez...just how many did he put past us last year?!!

Now it depends whether the other teams have found some gems and can settle in quickly. Nottingham will be tough this year, especially at the start of the season for well documented reasons.

Devils will be a relatively unknown quantity but I expect us to be 100% more competitve than last season...a) because I think we have a team more suited to the BBT and b) because the organisation is on a "high" at the moment and I fully expect that to transmit through to the players.

Clearly being a Devil last year was not much fun for players or supporters and that had to effect performances on the ice.

Can't wait!

Mooney#16

The funny thing is last year the home ice form wasn't that bad if a little erratic. They beat Nottingham and Sheffield 4 out of five visits which I think people would take for this years team at this point. Where they blew it was loosing to Blaze three times and Breahead and Fife twice. Belfast I ignore because they just smoke the Devils at the moment so that is going to have to end with an absolute punch up at some point to put Keefe and Lloyd back on their heals and then you can run over their top guys. But it would be funny to analyse just why the Devils had so much success against two good rosters in Panthers and Steelers. Clearly something worked from a playing perspective. Credit to Plumton he seemed to play big roles in those games.

If they can dominate the Blaze, Clan and Flyers this year whilst retaining good form and swinging the giants series then hopefully it'll come down to road form. That from a Devils perspective is always a mystery.

The last signing if he gets chemistry with his line mates probably makes or breaks this roster for Devils.

Have Hope#35 said:
Amazepux said:
Ocko said:
Good signing by Fife, in any other year this would be right up there as one of the signings of the off season on paper, however everyone seems to have players like this, this year. The league has definitely :DWD improved a great deal this coming season.
Put's you back in the hunt for 7th ;)
2 places above the Devils

Never mind a money bet...why not make it count - Shirt of Hurt!

Loser wears the winners team's shirt and supports them through the playoffs!