Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2016/17

Re: Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2016/

Devil_Abroad said:
Have Hope#35 said:
Braehead Clan Sign Jeff Ulmer!

Stats for those who haven't checked in recent weeks: https://t.co/FawnuNFOGa
Woah - didn't see that one coming!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nor did I. Although he's a good player, I'm not too bothered about him playing elsewhere. The league has changed a lot since he was last here and not to be cruel, but he's not the young plucky player anymore.

Devil_Abroad

WD59 said:
Devil_Abroad said:
Have Hope#35 said:
Braehead Clan Sign Jeff Ulmer!

Stats for those who haven't checked in recent weeks: https://t.co/FawnuNFOGa
Woah - didn't see that one coming!

Nor did I. Although he's a good player, I'm not too bothered about him playing elsewhere. The league has changed a lot since he was last here and not to be cruel, but he's not the young plucky player anymore.
Ling was excellent for Panthers though

Ulmer will be to Braehead what Ling was to Panthers!

I am excited to see him play, having never had the pleasure of watching him first time round, though I can't say I'm overly bothered he's gone to Braehead. I did think he was coming here, but in a way I am almost relieved now as I thought we were lacking a bit of size and toughness.

That coupled with the fact that the league has improved tenfold since he played here last and players who have played in our league recently who were nothing special actually posted better numbers in the same league as him last year leads me to think that age might be catching up with him(Jerry Pollastrone, Matt Siddall)
- I still think he'll be good for a fair few points though, slightly inflated by playing in the Gardiner conference.

I just hope that with the addition of an experienced top level professional He doesn't manage to spur Braehead on when Finnerty inevitably bottles it (usually at the tail end of the season, with an easy run in)

Apparently Braehead have signed all the returning players they're going to, which supposedly leaves Stefan Meyer and Ben Davies as free agents.

Speculation on THF that Meyer's going to retire or take a year out for family reasons.

The Ben Davies saga continues. Will he ever find himself a club? Who knows...

Wannabe2

Steelers look very strong as expected, seem to have a well balanced squad. We look to have incredible fire power, and so far a Defence that also looks very good. Two tough cookies now please one up front and one on Defence that can also play. Won't be long now guys until it all starts again thankfully.

ASHIPP

Welshy74 said:
http://www.sheffieldsteelers.co.uk/steelers-sign-andreas-valdix/

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=514
This is where the appointment of Anderson(sp) as Assistant Coach has been v useful. Formerly on the coaching staff for the Swedish national team in addition to all his experience in the Sedish game...Steelers secure another v good full European player. Is that 3 Swedish players on their roster now?

Devil94

I like the way the steelers have three Swedes in their line up. I think it gives the roster a great balance and they look very good players. The arguments of European players can't cope with physicality, and they play non contact hockey are rubbish. An SHL, Allsvenskan, or Danish league etc are more physical than EIHL. Less fighting yes, but they all finish their checks and they check hard. Much more than here.

bb1

Wannabe2 said:
Steelers look very strong as expected, seem to have a well balanced squad. We look to have incredible fire power, and so far a Defence that also looks very good. Two tough cookies now please one up front and one on Defence that can also play. Won't be long now guys until it all starts again thankfully.
Fingers crossed. That's exactly what we need

ASHIPP

Devil94 said:
I like the way the steelers have three Swedes in their line up. I think it gives the roster a great balance and they look very good players. The arguments of European players can't cope with physicality, and they play non contact hockey are rubbish. An SHL, Allsvenskan, or Danish league etc are more physical than EIHL. Less fighting yes, but they all finish their checks and they check hard. Much more than here.
Steelers will have learned a lot from last year's CHL games and now have very good European players on board early along with their other players with European experience to meet the challenge of an essentially Scandanavian style of play in CHL games.
They should be firing on all cylinders after that for the start of the EIHL season which should be a dawdle for them.

terry hunt

Some interesting signings this morning.
Zanette was disappointing based on his past comments about the Caps.

I wonder if the drug test business is a factor in this.

Devil_Abroad

Can't believe the depth of the league this season - no easy games anywhere likely