Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2016/17

Re: Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2016/

One more player for Blaze and they're done. They look fairly strong on paper and you can clearly see the difference Danny Stewart has brought to them already. There's a group of leaders in that team who will be expected to "step up" when they need it.

DevilDom

WD59 said:
One more player for Blaze and they're done. They look fairly strong on paper and you can clearly see the difference Danny Stewart has brought to them already. There's a group of leaders in that team who will be expected to "step up" when they need it.
I think with Liam Stewart counting as an import they have their full quota now so unless they are going to carry a spare or sign any more Brits they're done already.

zoesdevil

DevilDom said:
WD59 said:
I think with Liam Stewart counting as an import they have their full quota now so unless they are going to carry a spare or sign any more Brits they're done already.
Possibly Ben Davies??

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #426

DevilDom said:
WD59 said:
The article I linked to regarding the signing says:
Blaze now just have one more import spot to fill for the 2016/17 Elite League season which starts with a pre-season game against the Nottingham Panthers at The Skydome Arena on Wednesday 24th August.

ASHIPP

Matt Davies signs for Telford Tigers in EPL.

What a great signing for them. It seems Matt has his own business back in Hull. Coupled with the injury he had last season, perhaps he decided himself to step down...bit less pressure and more flexibility.

He is certainly a talented British player any Elite team would want on their roster. A great shame he has stepped down a league.

Devil_Abroad

Seems to have as good as numbers in Italy as our new guys - Panthers building another great team

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He has good strong numbers, nonetheless he has not torn up the AHL like Layne Ulmer. They missed out on him and they know it! :lol:

Devil_Abroad

Devil May Care said:
He has good strong numbers, nonetheless he has not torn up the AHL like Layne Ulmer. They missed out on him and they know it! :lol:
They were after Ulmer?

Devil_Abroad said:
Devil May Care said:
They were after Ulmer?

Sorry, I'm not saying he was on their radar, but I am saying once he turned up on ours, they must have been gutted, especially as he comes with a friend!! ;)

No intention to mislead.

ASHIPP

Devil May Care said:
Devil_Abroad said:
Devil May Care said:
They were after Ulmer?

Sorry, I'm not saying he was on their radar, but I am saying once he turned up on ours, they must have been gutted, especially as he comes with a friend!! ;)

No intention to mislead.
Got to laugh at the Panthers'fans. No pleasing them. The club signs a speedy, pointscoring winger whose stats are comparable to other good players in the league....and their fans think he's average! The uncertainty over Kolnik's return is causing a lot of frustration. He certainly was a class act for them last season.

Have Hope#35

Nottingham confirmed on their radio station that it was their final Forward Signing so I'd guess that Kolnik is gone!

Finny

ASHIPP said:
Got to laugh at the Panthers'fans. No pleasing them. The club signs a speedy, pointscoring winger whose stats are comparable to other good players in the league....and their fans think he's average! The uncertainty over Kolnik's return is causing a lot of frustration. He certainly was a class act for them last season.
I have to agree with those Panthers fans though. Their rosters have traditionally had one or two big goalscorers. I've always enjoyed watching Nottingham come to visit in recent seasons as they have played an open attacking game. Whether we've won or lost I almost always feel I've been entertained in those games.

This year, they don't have any big goalscorers. The only player with a history of scoring big numbers is David Clarke and he is starting to slow down now he's the wrong side of 35.

Perhaps they are going for a more defensive team with players like Janssen sent out to wear the other team down.
Their netminder was certainly impressive last season when fit and their new Dmen have a lot of AHL experience. And there is no doubting that this new guy is going to be a good player.

But in terms of firepower I have them quite a bit behind Sheffield, us and Braehead.

Ocko

Agree. Panthers look very ordinary to me. If that's their forward lineup complete then they'll be making changes throughout the year again. In terms of offensive ability they're miles behind us.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #439

Weren't the same things being said before the Panthers league winning season? Might be wrong on the firepower front, but I seem to remember comments during that season that they'd always had superstars and it'd never really worked out (other than playoff and CC victories), but the season they won the league i'm sure there were lots of comments about having a 'team' rather than 'individuals'?

Could be wrong, it's been a long time since then and I can't find anything on THF or here to back up my claims at the moment haha :?

I'm finding this coming season to be very odd. Belfast and Nottingham don't look weak, but they do seem to very beatable, Braehead look strong, but they have Finnerty so...

Steelers look very strong and I think Blaze actually look quite good too. Danny has recruited well, but we need to see how he does in the games.

I'm not to sure about ourselves yet. We still look a bit messy.