Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2016/17

jimmy snels

Re: Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2016/

bb1 said:
We have an amazing defence and lots of skill and scoring in our forwards. For me though Lordo seems to sign guys who never have a nasty streak to them. I'm not saying we need a goon or that guys who are nice aren't going to do the job but we don't have a player with a nasty edge to their game.

Hendo had it and he's gone... Only Matt Myers IMO has that intensity and can be a nightmare to play against yet Lordo let him go last year. We would have won league with him IMO. We NEED a nasty character who will help Myers cause havoc for D men. Only who can also look after the team so Louis isn't our only go to guy like Hendo was. Lordo did little last year with hits etc...

Lordo may not feel league is tough but he wasn't taking punches last year...Hendo was! Plus I hope this is a wake up call
Great post. Sums up how i feel.

DevilDom

terry hunt said:
Matty Davies leaving Storm a good signing for someone
Has this been confirmed anywhere? He would definitely be a decent signing for someone. I guess we are seeing the affect of increased import numbers with 2 young upcoming Brits who previously would have been snapped up still not signed with anyone.

BostonBart22

DevilDom said:
terry hunt said:
Has this been confirmed anywhere? He would definitely be a decent signing for someone. I guess we are seeing the affect of increased import numbers with 2 young upcoming Brits who previously would have been snapped up still not signed with anyone.
heard rumours matt davies going back to hull as he has a business there.

Finny

DevilDom said:
terry hunt said:
He confirmed it himself on Twitter.

A player who has impressed me for a number of seasons and who I'd love to see on our 4th line.

terry hunt

I hope Matty and Ben Davies get EIHL teams they are an important part of the GB setup.

We havent got a huge number of players to pick from.

If clan don't win the league this season they never will??
Finnerty will be gone if they don't!!

ASHIPP

Rabbitohs4 said:
If clan don't win the league this season they never will??
Finnerty will be gone if they don't!!
Well they reckon they have all the tools to do it up there......now Finnerty has to get them to do it. 9 other teams in the League can stop that from happening.

Good signing that by Belfast, wasn't it him who went coast-to-coast against us in one of the IAW opening games :lol:

Ocko

Yeah it was. Unbelievably skilful but so injury prone. He's made of glass.

His level of skill is far greater than his overall ability though, very overrated to me (but then most of Belfast's players usually are).

terry hunt

Braehead announcement today probably their goalie.

Fife new signing risky but if he stays fit could be a good signing.

Kurka rumoured to Poland

Ocko said:

His level of skill is far greater than his overall ability though, very overrated to me (but then most of Belfast's players usually are).
overrated players you say...lets count up Elite League titles for Belfast & Cardiff

Finny

WheresWally said:
Ocko said:

overrated players you say...lets count up Elite League titles for Belfast & Cardiff
:lol:
It does always make me smile when Belfast fans do this.
"Lets count up titles. No, not all titles. We're not counting the ones when you were good. We're only counting the years when you were stuck in the BBT. Yeh! Who's the best between 2006 and 2014 now!!!"