Coventry Blaze v Cardiff Devils - Sun 6pm - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game again from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

Both teams picked up points from Saturdays games, The Devils winning 4-1 against a depleted Hull side, and Blaze beating the Vipers 3-6 in Newcastle.

Sundays game is a must win for both teams, the 2nd CC game for the Devils after a 5-2 defeat of Hull, and the 3rd for the Blaze after a 3-5 loss to the Nottingham Panthers and a 4-2 victory over Hull Stingrays.

Devils are without captain Brad Voth again, whilst I think Blaze have a full strength team.

Chris.

Russky

A 4 pt double winning weeked should not be regarded as 'a gift horse' , especially as the SQUEELERS had a pointless weekend and Hutchins got injured!

august04

Russky said:
A 4 pt double winning weeked is not to be ignored as a gift horse, especially as the SQUEELERS had a pointless weekend and Hutchins got injured!
Typical hysterical reaction on Steel Talk, with Petricko public enemy no.1 for the incident with Hutchins - that's without them actually seeing what happened. Sound familiar? As much as I can't stand Hutchins, hope he's OK.

Russky said:
and Hutchins got injured!
That is nice of you.

Reports from game say it was a pretty decent one but Devils just took their chances better whilst the Blaze were sloppy or perhaps just not quite good enough against the best offence in the league.

I'm sure Finny will have some stats but it seems like the Blaze have real problems beating the Devils at the Skydome on a regular basis in the last few years.

Koop11

Russky said:
A little unsensitive there Russky. I hope Hutchins is ok. Sounds like a bad one for him.

Great win for the Devils. Well done lads and good job Terry Phillips with the live feed from IC Wales.

Russky

Koop11 said:
Russky said:
A little unsensitive there Russky.
Maybe so but after his bully boy tactics lastweek on Ben Davies and Jamie Hayes, and Matt Towe (brave though he was to drop the gloves and bearing in mind that Hutchins got an illegal equipment call in that fight as well) I have little sympathy for the guy!

I am a firm believer in the old addage of 'what goes around comes around!' In other words if he dishes it out hes got to be prepared to take it as well!

Koop11

I share the 'what goes around comes around theory' but this is totally different. Instigating fights is one thing. However, if reports are correct, taking a hit (clean or not is unclear yet) which leaves you swallowing your tougue and needing your throat cut open and a tube used to help you breathe then you're out of order to compare. Just my opinion of course.

Russky

an unreserved apology, Koop! I didnt realise that the guy underwent an on-ice emergancy trachioctomy! All I heard is he got stretchered off!

zoesdevil

Russky said:
Koop11 said:
Russky said:
A little unsensitive there Russky.
Maybe so but after his bully boy tactics lastweek on Ben Davies and Jamie Hayes, and Matt Towe (brave though he was to drop the gloves and bearing in mind that Hutchins got an illegal equipment call in that fight as well) I have little sympathy for the guy!

I am a firm believer in the old addage of 'what goes around comes around!' In other words if he dishes it out hes got to be prepared to take it as well!
no matter wot hutchins did to our players it is still a sport at the end of the day and to actually be glad that he has got injured in such a manner is a bit diisturbing i think nobody should be glad he got injured and got his throat opened up!!even if it was sharpey!!!

Relax guys he's said he hadn't realised what happened all he heard was he got stretchered off. Anyways great win for us, I'm sure Coventry expected to beat us on home ice challenge cup or not! Great 4 point weekend. :D