***DATE CHANGE FOR STEELERS GAME?***

ASHIPP

Thread starter #1
Motorpoint Arena website and Steeltalk reporting that the Fri 4th Feb game between Steelers and Devils has been changed to Sun Feb 20th, the day after the Steelers visit to the BBT.
No confirmation as yet on either club website.

If this is correct, what a cracking 'reverse game' weekend 19th/20th will be! :D

The date change would certainly ease the game schedule for the Devils during 1st week of Feb with Panthers to play on the Wednesday, then Giants on Saturday. :shock:

Didnt it get brought forward to be live on sky?

I wish they would stop messing about with the fixtures. They already changed the Braehead game in Feb for the egg chasing.

ASHIPP

Thread starter #3
Devil_Bluebird said:
Didnt it get brought forward to be live on sky?

I wish they would stop messing about with the fixtures. They already changed the Braehead game in Feb for the egg chasing.
The date change appears to have been made today on the Arena website - but,as I say, no confirmation on either team website. :?

If this is true it wouldn't surprise me if it was related to the egg chasing.

So many Cardiff folks decided to go and watch the Devils in Sheffield rather than face getting beaten at home by England in the Six Nations that they were afraid the Motorpoint Arena wouldn't cope. :lol:

Koop11

Just noticed this myself. If true, I for one a thrilled with the change of fixture. Originally we played Nottingham home on the Wed followed by Sheffield away Friday and Belfast away the Saturday (which is now both a league and CC semi final game).

This change in fixture takes the pressure off us slightly and also invites huge double header crowds for the Devils and our B Team. That weekend could make or break the Devils and Sheffield’s league challenge.

If this change in date is correct then lets see if we can take 4 or 5 coach load of fans to Sheffield as they are bringing at least 4 coaches to us on the 19th. Happy away days.

Gazza272

To be honest this is going to end up worse for us imo if true.

To play Sheffield after two massive games and a trip to Belfast and back in 24 hours isnt ideal and in the grand Scheme of things this is a game we HAVE to win if we are to be going into the final stretch as favourites.

Travelling over the Belfast once we could have had the attitude of leaving everything on the ice for one final 60 minute push. Now I think that extra flight could be very telling.

What extra flight? The Steelers game has been moved to the 20th.

Confirmed on the Motorpoint website that the 4th Feb game in Sheffield is now against Blaze.

Ger-Devils

Gaz you've lost me.

From Sat 29th - Feb 5th we had 5 games.

29th/1 Caps home
30/1 Blaze away
2/2 Panthers home
4/2 Steelers away live on sky but now this has changed.
5/2 Giants away.

So that's 4 games in the 7 days instead of 5.

This Steelers game is going back to our double header Feb 19th and 20th. We're home first.

Gazza272

bluedevil said:
What extra flight? The Steelers game has been moved to the 20th.

Confirmed on the Motorpoint website that the 4th Feb game in Sheffield is now against Blaze.
Sorry totally mis read the thread :lol: Thoguht hte Steelers game had been moved to the Sunday.

Move along folks nothing to see here! :lol:

*Could Chris Do a ninja Edit for me? :lol:

Finny

I don't suppose there is any chance they have done this so we can go to Belfast a day early and play the CC 1st Leg separate to the league game is there?

Noooo! Was well up fo going to Sheffield on 20th... then they changed the date and I've since booked tickets to go to a gig that night instead.

Sounds like it's good for Devils if it is correct though which is the main thing :)

There is a post on the Motorpoint Arena website that was updated today explaining about the changes. It is now Steelers v Blaze on the 4th.

Can't post link sorry as on mobile.

That's the fella, cheers!

The arena will be the first to know as until they confirm the dates nothing can be announced. However if they put an announcement out at one you'd expect something from the clubs as well. Looks unprofessional, it should be coordinated between the clubs, arena and league sites.

Wishful thinking I know!

TheStub

It'll never catch on :lol:

Nothing on any team site or the league. Someone really needs to sort that out...how hard can it be to ordinate - it is 3 phone calls.