***DATE CHANGE FOR STEELERS GAME?***

And it still says Sky too.

Sunday night live hockey? Clerical error? As live game for the week after?
Only time will tell i guess...

Finny

Hmmmm.... the Sky bit may be my fault. I often update the fixtures with the scores and I might well have added the "Live Sky" game bit and forgotten about it. :oops:

TheStub said:
http://www.motorpointarena.co.uk/whats-on/sheffield-steelers-201011-season/

This link?

How does the arena know, but none of the clubs involved do?
This is becoming a joke. The Motorpoint link now says that we're the Friday game again.

It's lucky this game isn't a week away and people might be making plans...

NO CHANGE. I emailed the Elite and Steelers last night, got this from the Elite which I have put on our forum/moaning corner too:

There have been a lot of issues with regards to this and the game is sheffield v cardiff on th 4th February
Sorry for the confusion

Regards
Andy

The Steelers replied saying they were waiting for confirmation too. Hope this helps you all.

kettdevil1

steeler lass said:
NO CHANGE. I emailed the Elite and Steelers last night, got this from the Elite which I have put on our forum/moaning corner too:

There have been a lot of issues with regards to this and the game is sheffield v cardiff on th 4th February
Sorry for the confusion

Regards
Andy

The Steelers replied saying they were waiting for confirmation too. Hope this helps you all.

OK, I am officially going to be sectioned at work... with all the confusion I have:

Organised a meeting for Friday when we were playing on the Sunday.
Cancelled the meeting when the game was moved to Friday
Reorganised it for the Friday when it was moved back to the Sunday

Now I will have to cancel it again....

DevilDom

Is there any wonder that the league hasn't got a sponsor with episodes like this.

Reorganise these words into a well known saying to describe the league hierachy: in a Brewery; organize a; couldn't; booze up! :twisted:

Finny

How is this the league's fault?

The venue announced something, then changed it back. The league and clubs never said anything did they?

Sliput

Finny said:

The venue announced something, then changed it back. The league and clubs never said anything did they?
If the venue announced something how come the game changed to Sheffield V Coventry...no venue change, just teams .

I wonder if the Devils will be putting a coach or two on for this away game ? It is all go for the 4th Feb, Bob has cancelled his coach, not sure if this was due to the confusion or the amount of other away trips he is doing !

ASHIPP

Thread starter #33
Will be interesting to see what the take up is for coach travel to Sheffield if the Sky game does go ahead on the Friday night. Do you think people will be tempted to stay at home to watch instead?

I am sure the response would have been terrific if the game was being played on Sunday 20th, immediately after the Steelers' visit to the BBT, and not televised.

James

Administrator
ASHIPP said:
Will be interesting to see what the take up is for coach travel to Sheffield if the Sky game does go ahead on the Friday night. Do you think people will be tempted to stay at home to watch instead?
I suspect if you are the sort of person to go to Sheffied from Cardiff for an ice hockey game you will go even if it's televised.

Gospel

Finny said:

There was no announcement on the Devils website but the calender with the fixtures on was changed & showed the double header against the Steelers but its been changed back again.

Ger-Devils

Finny said:
I reckon our away following will be more affected by people already booked to fly to Belfast on the Friday night.
Correct, there's 40 of us going over + the weekend after there's the Scottish trip which 40 I know of are going so can't see many making the trip up on the 4th

nicky27

And just to confuse things a bit more, it now says on Nottingham website that Nottingham's game in Sheffield has been brought forward 24 hours to Friday the 4th of February!! Really confused who is playing who and when now :x