***DATE CHANGE FOR STEELERS GAME?***

Ger-Devils

Brooke said:
So the club have said it's on the 20th, is this the final decision???!
Cardiff Devils Facebook
Confirmed: Devils play in Sheff on 20th FEB. Nott visit Sheff on 4th instead of Devils now. More on this tomorrow, thanks for your patience.

I also checked with the office via email and had it confirmed it's back to the 20th February

Again emailed Andy French. His response:

Hi
I have spent 4 days now trying to come to terms with what teams what and also TV and the best way to resolve everything. Its not been good and once again its all changed this afternoon after speaking with team owners again most of the day.
On the 4th feb its now sheffield v Nottingham, 5th feb sheffield v coventry and 20th feb sheffield v cardiff. Something that was suggested 2 weeks ago.

I can only apologise from myself although I am given the task of resolving fixtures.

Regards
Andy

ASHIPP

Thread starter #49
ASHIPP said:
Will be interesting to see what the take up is for coach travel to Sheffield if the Sky game does go ahead on the Friday night. Do you think people will be tempted to stay at home to watch instead?

I am sure the response would have been terrific if the game was being played on Sunday 20th, immediately after the Steelers' visit to the BBT, and not televised.
Good if it's now definitely the 20th. Isn't it the logical thing to do? With potential away fans already commited to Belfast on Sat 5th, and with the game on the 4th being televised, I am not sure the Devils would have had the numbers of travelling fans as usual going up to Sheffield.The 20th now gives the chance to organise mass travel.....to the away leg of a double-weekend.

Now, it's win, win ,win in every sense of the word! ;)