Devils @ Giants - Double Header - 16th & 17th Oct - Chat

Re: Devils @ Giants - Double Header - 16th & 17th Oct - Chat

devils1990 said:
Belfast completely dominated us tonight and looked a far better side.it was like a constant onslaught and on another night could have gone into double figures.bowns played a blinder and got us a point.there was far to many defensive mess ups tonight and Belfast were winning the loose puck more often than not.i hope we can up our game tomorrow night or we could well be on the wrong side of a thrashing.
+1 I was left very frustrated by the performance. It felt like we were constantly on the back check. Need to be more physical with them. And as I have said for the past 4 seasons - somebody jump Lloyd!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Also, Nickerson looked good tonight. Everyone gives him a bad wrap as a wreckless goon but he is proving this year he can be a good 5 or 6 on any team.

Scottman said:
Salters lacking again for me unfortunately. Why doesn't he at least finish his checks? :?
You could have said that about the majority tonight.

bb1

Scottman said:
Salters lacking again for me unfortunately. Why doesn't he at least finish his checks? :?
He's been great lately in the BBT but these big games are where he needs to step up. If Lloyd and Keefe can consistently do it then I'm afraid Salters has no excuse given his speed and size

bb1

I didn't see all of game either but from what I did our forecheck seems non existent. Very different from Belfast who have always had the Lloyd and Keefe line that cause havoc for most D men

august04

Bowns secured that point for us, he had a superb game. Apart from the Lord line, there was very little else to cheer. Kurka and Salters were totally anonymous and I'm still not convinced by the Hendrikx-Marsh combination at the back. But it's a good point, regardless of how we managed to get it and Doucet could have pinched the win for us in OT. We need a few more players to show up tonight to get anything.

KaneDevils

Was unable to watch/attend the game due to work commitments, but reading info from various sources would suggest conflicting reports.
MNL suggesting we gave it everything, as have posters on here, with others suggesting some players were anonymous and didn't turn up?
confusing. :roll:

On the result, a good point, but I agree with DevilDom, that really, we need at least 2 points from the weekend to show any title winning aspirations.

Gisland

Think some are doing your team a diservice. It was a quick flowing game. At times physical but never dirty. I thourghly enjoyed the game. You have a good team that can find the net. Remember, your on the road. Your not supposed to win.[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] 1 point is a good result

Devil_Abroad

KaneDevils said:
Was unable to watch/attend the game due to work commitments, but reading info from various sources would suggest conflicting reports.
MNL suggesting we gave it everything, as have posters on here, with others suggesting some players were anonymous and didn't turn up?

On the result, a good point, but I agree with DevilDom, that really, we need at least 2 points from the weekend to show any title winning aspirations.
it is confusing and I guess we have different opinions and maybe expectations and what we pay attention to during the game. Hence a good forum.

Salters did finish at least four hits I saw but then you can't expect a player to do it all night or they'll be shattered after one! I didn't see Keefe nor Lloyd finish all their hits.

We were out-skated which is a worry. Belfast had far more clear cut chances but the first period shots on goal were out for them

We had enough chances to win and Bowns made amazing saves but didn't stonewall the one on ones.

They gave everything, threw their bodies in front of shots, so I hope they have something left for tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wannabe2

We were definitely second best last night, Giants were in fairness very good and played there A GAME, think we struggled a bit and were in my view lucky to get a point. If we can play tonight to our potential, then anything could happen, as has already been stated we don't normally take anything away from Belfast.

I rately post, but I am really suprised by sone of the comments on here today. This was our first game with Giants this year and away in Belfast we always struggle.
The stats however will say we were second best tonight, but I thought we played a pretty smart game. Giants look really strong on in the experience they have brought in this year, they have got around half a squad that are better than last year. They are unquestionably title contenders on this performance. However we took a point from them and we are clearly up there with them too.

Giants did a really good job of closing down some of the key forwards and they really focused on keeping Kurka and Doucet however we were never behind in this game and lost pretty unluckily late in OT. If we had taken it to penalties and won, would the comments be the same?

I don't see why we would have changed much, if we were chasing the game and needed to.change something then yeah mix it up s bit more, put in the hits, but when you are in the game, play sensibly and save it for tonight.

KaneDevils

Devil_Abroad said:
KaneDevils said:

it is confusing and I guess we have different opinions and maybe expectations and what we pay attention to during the game. Hence a good forum.

Salters did finish at least four hits I saw but then you can't expect a player to do it all night or they'll be shattered after one! I didn't see Keefe nor Lloyd finish all their hits.

We were out-skated which is a worry. Belfast had far more clear cut chances but the first period shots on goal were out for them

We had enough chances to win and Bowns made amazing saves but didn't stonewall the one on ones.

They gave everything, threw their bodies in front of shots, so I hope they have something left for tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course, different views and opinions make for a better forum. But from, "they gave it their all" to, "some players didn't turn up" makes it difficult for those not at the game to get an accurate perspective. Someone's got it a bit wrong I'd say.

I thought it was a good game and agree that Belfast were the better team BUT after watching them play Coventry last week in he epic 8-10 game they really really needed to improve and I guess last night was the reply from last week. I think Hudson was mostly responsible for a couple of goals and I think Ben would want the OT goal back but overall I am not worried about this team. Still playing good hockey and will just get better.

jimmy snels

Great shot blocking here by devils.

Commentary that included "it's hard enough playing the devils let alone playing them and the ref" are frankly a disgrace. All the calls tonight have been legitimate. Only one id argue was peacock's hit could easily have been 5+ game.