Devils @ Giants - Double Header - 16th & 17th Oct - Chat

Great effort Devils, 3 points out of 4 in Belfast, great weekend, didn't see the games so don't know aboute the performance but can't argue with the results

jimmy snels

Huge character shown tonight. Going to need some ice packs that's for sure!

I'd ask for a review of that peacock hit. Looked really high and drove the head of jones.

Ref smith had a good game in spite of what the giants commentary would suggest.

wildthing74

wildthing74 said:
I fancy us to get something from both games. It's a place we always seem to struggle especially in the double headers over there but the way we are playing I think we will change that and I'll predict a win tonight and at least a point tomorrow.

I just hope we don't let Nickerson try and disrupt us.
Wrong way round but delighted with the 3 points. Huge weekend and without getting ahead it could be massive come March.

Devil94

Terrific effort, from the goaltending all the way forward, the amount of shots we blocked was unbelievable, didn't have many clear chances but took the ones we did have.

Thought Smith had a good game. Definite correct decision with the disallowed goal, bit harsh to give Keefe a penalty as well though. Smith is the best ref in the league, and the two very good fast games over the weekend shows that. Obviously he had that massive blunder a few weeks ago, which was inexcusable, but for on ice calls he's the best in my opinion.

And those commentators almost make the stream unwatchable. Said at the start they don't like talking about refs and refs are only human etc etc, and then for the whole second half of the game they did not stop because of that one incident. And then on slashing penalty on Kurka, they said 'that's a harsh call, especially when WE have just gone 3-1 down.' Does it matter what the score is?!

Anyway, really glad that those that travelled managed to see a rare win at the Odyssey, and delighted with 3 points.

ASHIPP

What a result! Well done to the Devils. 3 points in a difficult place to play. After throwing everything at last night's game, to win tonight shows real character and determination.
We have a team to be proud of. Enjoy your beers, guys...definitely earned them!

Good game. I'm still frustrated that we allow Lloyd to play his game. No one ever seems to deal with him. Landed some solid hits and one even created their first (?) Goal.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

fantastic result! have to say i really enjoyed the giants live stream. really enjoyable to watch. great weekend considering our away giants record and wales losing and the squeelers winning.
devils penalty kill was beyond tonight, bownsy stood on on his head. great and deserved win, despite the refs misgivings. two great hockey games. great job!

lets go devils!

That hard earned point last night may prove to be huge come March. To take 4 points from 3 in Belfast keeps us on track. We can recuperate and watch everybody else slug it out tomorrow. Were now rolling!!!!

jimmy snels

danhall76 said:
Good game. I'm still frustrated that we allow Lloyd to play his game. No one ever seems to deal with him. Landed some solid hits and one even created their first (?) Goal.

Id love someone to no choice him in a game we were heavily winning but in a close game it might cost us unfortunately :( he's such a dirty player who leads with his elbow. Either way 2 points to us and 3 overall in a very important weekend

Fantastic weekend for the Devils, to take points in that arena is great achievement. I think we lost both fixtures in the double header last year so definite progress made!!!

Big shout out for Bownsy, he's got the 2nd best save percentage in the league at the moment.

Number 88 is on a roll as well, big up JM!!

Roll on next weekend

osh

Great weekend of hockey, even though we had to sit with my Giants friends ( and their multitude of friends !!) after the disappointment of last night when I really thought we were lucky to get a point, we showed true grit and determination tonight ( it wasn't always good to watch) but it showed we learned from basic mistakes of the previous night and ground the win out. My Giants friends are impressed with the Devils team and say they played with good discipline and didn't react to certain obvious set ups where we normally jump in and take stupid penalties.
Big up to Bownsy, and I can now happily partake of my first ever glass of real poteen ( illicit Irish moonshine brew I'm told hic !! ) loved being in the company of genuine hockey fans tonight who, although not supporting my team, admit the best team won on the night.

Devil_Abroad

Devils @ Giants - Double Header - 16th & 17th Oct - Chat

If in best team they meant the team that took their chances well, defended most of the game but well, and had a netminder standing on his head again, then I agree too [emoji3]

Still can't believe we have 3 pts and if Doucet had of converted late on in o/t then we'd have 4!

Great w/e

Great effort Devils

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Devils @ Giants - Double Header - 16th & 17th Oct - Chat

jimmy snels said:
danhall76 said:

Id love someone to no choice him in a game we were heavily winning but in a close game it might cost us unfortunately :( he's such a dirty player who leads with his elbow. Either way 2 points to us and 3 overall in a very important weekend
Considering his relative lack of skill he is such an influential player for them. Plus as we saw last year if we jump him Keefe will get ejected 3rd man in.

mazza03

Devil May Care said:
That hard earned point last night may prove to be huge come March. To take 4 points from 3 in Belfast keeps us on track. We can recuperate and watch everybody else slug it out tomorrow. Were now rolling!!!!
Don't you mean 3 points from 4? :D

Wannabe2

mazza03 said:
Devil May Care said:
Don't you mean 3 points from 4? :D
Maz I think he means we have taken 4points from our last 3 games in Belfast.?