Devils @ Panthers Friday 4th March

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Friday night means hockey night (no, me either), as the Devils travel to the NIA.

It might be easy to see this as the precursor to the main event but this is a huge game in it's own right. Panthers must win to maintain any hope of league title win, Devils must win to remain at the top of the table.

Nottingham don't offer a web cast because of the fear that web casting live hockey may attract sharks or something probably just as daft about people not going.

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206

Devil94

Does anyone know the travel arrangements for the team this weekend? I'm assuming they are staying up after tomorrow's night game? As they would probably travel up Saturday for Sunday if there wasn't a game tomorrow.

Russky

With regards to James' post, We are struggling for texters somewhat as most are saving their pennies for sunday. If anyone is going to watch the game tomorrow night and you are willing to help out with MNL coverage by texting me updates on the game, please contact me on 07746271233 or email me at russky1@hotmail.com asap.

Many Thanks

Russky

Good News we have texters for tomorrows game, so MNL coverage will go ahead as per usual.

Join me from 6:45pm tomorrow evening, for the usual MNL shenanigans and match coverage, Please send any comments and predictions to matchnightlive@gmail.com.

SteveKing

I'm on the plane on my way to Nottingham via London. Feels a little empty to not be coming to my second home town of Cardiff on this trip. Hopefully there will be a few REd Army Travel crazies for us to cheer with on Friday. If not, we'll make up for it ourselves. No guarantees on the accuracy of our Welsh national anthem though!

Big game Friday and I look forward to seeing many of you on Sunday. A repeat of that fan support and that result would be truly incredible.

Let's Go U Devils!!!

Steve

DevilDom

Another huge match. According to my twitter poll the slight majority of Devils fans would rather win tonight than on Sunday if given a choice. Personally I'd prefer the trophy and see how things go in the league - I have feeling that with us and Belfast knocking 7 shades out of each other over the next few weeks it will leave the door open for the Steelers regardless of what happens tonight.

ASHIPP

Hope our Guys can go out and play their natural gritty game with confidence.

Also hope they can hold their nerve with all the pressure on them. Would be fantastic if they could achieve the results they need and deserve from both games. Gut feel tells me they wil achieve one.

Jonesy83

So currently 4-1 to Nottingham and from reading the inferno on Twitter, Janssen edges salters in a fight...not a good night so far.

Love the team this year, we've done so well and have so much talent but this is unacceptable.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Wow, what a time to hit a slump, 3 goals scored in the last 3 games, 4 losses in the last 5 games. Feels like we've contracted Braehead syndrome. Let's hope Lordo and co can get the wheels rolling again and soon otherwise all that hard work and fantastic performances will have for been for nothing

COME ON YOU DEVILS, MAKE US BELIEVE!!!!

Ocko

A disgraceful performance, they even brought their backup on - the total embarrassment. I feel for the fans who made the trip up.

august04

I wasn't expecting much out of tonight's game but that sounded like a mauling. Too many of our "star" players have gone missing at the business end of the season again and we've become shambolic defensively this past couple of weeks. You just can't have a slump like we're having at this time of the year. Ah well, we might win the Challenge Cup again and everyone will be happy. Meanwhile at this rate, we're blowing the league and our hopes of CHL qualification. I'm hoping the switch to IAW can give this team a much needed boost and change in fortunes. In my experience, hard work tends to do that though and for me, we've fallen short in those stakes of late. A disastrous spell.