Devils Realease Milam

i would love brad to come back but legends should leave their legend status in the past and i think weller should return damn thought he might though or a european star defencemen

Sliput

paulsasha said:
all the fans would love to see the big man put on a devils jersey again

VOTH 26 a true legend :Banana :pickle
Here is one who definately wouldnt.

Voth is a legend but not someone i would want back in the team.

get weller back fit straight in knows some of the team straight away knows the city play him in D or forward don't care which fans favorite instant hit and a bum's on seats player which is what paul ragan and the rest of us want :Banana :pickle

Mason would be great. Solid, offensive D Man who performed well at Belfast, and has a proven record in the EIHL doing what Milam was brought in to do - would therefore seem the logical choice.

A tough forward would be nice, but it seems that a lot of people have complained about our PP, which Mason would likely improve.

I'd be happy with that signing.

Google Translate has taken the german text and translated it too literally, and come up with the word 'chicken' , when infact, it should read;
"1.93m cock" !!
Now that is a trully impressive stat!! :D

Have Hope#35

Welshy74 said:
Alex Penner is without a club!!!!! PP wouldnt be better but at least we wouldnt be bullied!!!
With the amount of talented Free Agents out there - Particularly from the AHL i'd hope to sign someone with a lot more in his locker than Alex Penner! We need a tough guy who is going to put some points up imho.

Paul Sullivan

Gazza272 said:
TommyDevil13 said:
Where's Hoffman playing at the moment? Wouldn't mind him either.

Hoffman currently in Holland I believe.

For me he isnt the type of player we need at the moment.
I am surprised by this. The biggest criticisms I have seen so far are about our (lack of) physicality, not dominating in the battles and not having a true heavyweight.

Hoffman does all of that, can play D and up front and scores a few goals too. For my money his arrival was the final piece of the Giants' title winning season last year.

Gazza272

Paul Sullivan said:
I am surprised by this. The biggest criticisms I have seen so far are about our (lack of) physicality, not dominating in the battles and not having a true heavyweight.

Hoffman does all of that, can play D and up front and scores a few goals too. For my money his arrival was the final piece of the Giants' title winning season last year.

I would'nt be dissapointed with Hoffman signing. I just think we need a Jump and I do not really think Hoffman is a Spark plug type of guy. He is built like a brick proverbial house. And He certainly would be physical.

If Deeds had been the one to get the can (not that I think he should) then Hoffman would have been the perfect replacement for him. But I still think Deeds has it his locker to be the guy your referring too (bar the heavyweight fighter part)

In saying that Hoffmann being there might be the spark Deeds needs.

Paul Sullivan

Gazza272 said:
Paul Sullivan said:

I would'nt be dissapointed with Hoffman signing. I just think we need a Jump and I do not really think Hoffman is a Spark plug type of guy. He is built like a brick proverbial house. And He certainly would be physical.

If Deeds had been the one to get the can (not that I think he should) then Hoffman would have been the perfect replacement for him. But I still think Deeds has it his locker to be the guy your referring too (bar the heavyweight fighter part)

I agree that we need a 'bigger' (in terms of game) player than Hoffman also. Just was surprised when you mentioned type as he seems to fit the bill of what most Devils fans say they have wanted so far is all.

I would love to see a real stud join the team right now. We have a lot of quality and one more thoroughbred piece of the puzzle could make that final click that we, the players, and the coaches have been waiting for.

At least for once the Devils are choosing to make changes to the roster rather than previous seasons where injuries and the Steelers (sorry, EIHL disciplinary committee :cool: ) have forced our hand.

Rempel16

Gazza272 said:
Agree completely with this.... I think a Hoffman-esque player to back Deeds up would enable him to focus on being that energy guy that we are looking for.

dave said:
Terry Phillips ‏@ElTelPhillips

Cardiff Devils have released American ice hockey defenceman Jamie Milam with immediate effect. New signing on way - news within a few days.

From Twitter

IMHO a good move.

Any names in frame?? Jeff Mason> Hoffman?

Could be Winnie the Pooh to play alongside Rupert the Bear

drainage

Paul Sullivan said:
Gazza272 said:
Paul Sullivan said:

I agree that we need a 'bigger' (in terms of game) player than Hoffman also. Just was surprised when you mentioned type as he seems to fit the bill of what most Devils fans say they have wanted so far is all.

I would love to see a real stud join the team right now. We have a lot of quality and one more thoroughbred piece of the puzzle could make that final click that we, the players, and the coaches have been waiting for.

At least for once the Devils are choosing to make changes to the roster rather than previous seasons where injuries and the Steelers (sorry, EIHL disciplinary committee :cool: ) have forced our hand.
From a female perspective couldnt agree more :lol: :lol: :lol: