Devils Realease Milam

Wannabe2

One classy tough heayweight would fit the bill perfectly, forward or D Man, we dont like to get pushed about in Cardiff. Didio can sort the lightheavies, Marsh can play tough when required, and G aint no pussy, but a good talented heavy would be embraced in Cardiff in my views that is. We have the talent that will hopefully get more consistent, but a new guy could just light the fuse and get us going like we witnessed against the Steelers awhile ago.

Have Hope#35

I know i'm possibly living in dreamworld but there's a fair few Free Agent AHL'ers that have good stats and reputation. They may well be unfit or too old but surely the likes of some of these could still do a really good job in the EIHL:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=9514

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=10624

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=5529

Just throwing it out there... Any one got any wild suggestions as to who the New Signing could be if it's not someone we already know from time in the EIHL?

Have Hope#35 said:
I know i'm possibly living in dreamworld but there's a fair few Free Agent AHL'ers that have good stats and reputation. They may well be unfit or too old but surely the likes of some of these could still do a really good job in the EIHL:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=9514

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=10624

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=5529

Just throwing it out there... Any one got any wild suggestions as to who the New Signing could be if it's not someone we already know from time in the EIHL?

would love bell but cheechoo wont come here

bozman

i posted this on weekend glad G listened lol

been down a few times this season and when i can't make it tune into MNL and it seems to me we just aren't good enough this season people seem to walk through the defence with the main culprit being Milam unfortunately any thoughts ???

Kipper

I rarely comment publically on players in a negative manner as I've never played the game. However, Jamie Milam has been shocking and has in my opinion contributed nothing to the team. Very happy G and Franny have taken immediate action haven given him a more than fair chance.

I struggle to think of a more disappointing import since I started watching the Devils in 2003.

osh

bluedevil said:
Same period of time as me Kipper, the only one to top Milam in terms of disappointment would be Rod Hinks imo.

Count yourself very lucky then that you weren't watching in 95/96 season. Oh how you would have loved the sublime skills of Robert Millette :DWD :DWD :DWD

osh

Meant to mention in my last post that I find it very strange that Milam's now ex team mates have so little to say about his release from the roster, on their twitter sites, not even a public 'good luck fella'!! Ah well. :roll:

wildthing74

Agree with that Osh as he was easily the worst import we ever had but he at least was a tryer,I don't think Milam ever broke sweat in a Devils shirt. I'm pleased the club have done this and hopefully sends out a warning to everybody else to shape up.

osh

wildthing74 said:
Agree with that Osh as he was easily the worst import we ever had but he at least was a tryer,I don't think Milam ever broke sweat in a Devils shirt. I'm pleased the club have done this and hopefully sends out a warning to everybody else to shape up.

Yep, I agree, it sends out the right signals to all the other players as well. Hope the guy gets fixed up somewhere else soon.

Wannabe2

wildthing74 said:
Can see him now in my head, singing the song i,m busy doing nothing whilst skating like the wind and going nowhere, but as you say he was a tryer but he was also dire unfortunately.

wildthing74

Wannabe2 said:
wildthing74 said:
Can see him now in my head, singing the song i,m busy doing nothing whilst skating like the wind and going nowhere, but as you say he was a tryer but he was also dire unfortunately.
Indeed he was but a shocking signing by Heavey who must take the blame.At least we had the likes of Dougie Smail to make up for Millette!

Koop11

The right call for both parties. Milam came with a lot of hype and did not deliver. Unfit, poor defensive decisions and lack on enthusiasm. I wish him well where ever he ends up but I’m pleased G has finally made this decision.

With regard to the next signing, I’m torn. Somehow we don’t appear to be competing physically up front with other team which is strange in some respects because on paper we don’t look weak but clearly we are more talk than action. Teams have also strengthened physically.

That said, where we look dicey so far this season is in defence. There is an argument Milam played his part in that but I fear we won’t be protecting our goal well enough if we sign a forward.

A Weller type player (hard, skilful and helps clear the crease) would be a nice fix. I know we’ll never get Weller back but his style is probably what we need.

Finny

According to Ragan on twitter, we enquired about Weller but he is still contracted to his team for the rest of this season.

Wannabe2

Gazza272 said:
Finny said:
According to Ragan on twitter, we enquired about Weller but he is still contracted to his team for the rest of this season.
Encouraging that this is the standard we are looking at though.
Indeed if thats true then fair play to everyone, on paper we look as good as most, and have shown on occassions that we can compete with whoever. Would love to see the Devils come out banging from the beginning, as thats when we seem to play at our best. Tough ask tonight as not many will win up there, but we have experienced that already. Hope we get a really good fit, for club,and fans alike, would be great to kickstart our season fingers crossed when we play to our potential we do look good. So come on guys you are good enough lets kick some butt.

Gazza272 said:
Finny said:
But also reminisent of the old Newcastle and sometimes Steelers press releases where they would say they were after a player but didn't get them and then name a player they had no chance in getting anyway.

Wannabe2

pj_blaze said:
Gazza272 said:
Finny said:
But also reminisent of the old Newcastle and sometimes Steelers press releases where they would say they were after a player but didn't get them and then name a player they had no chance in getting anyway.
Well as a Blaze fan you should know all about that. :lol: :lol: :lol: