Devils sign 2

Koop11

I’m in the Batch as a forward camp. Like much of our defence last year, Batch struggled on the blue line which is surprising as he seemed to cope remarkably well in his debut season. When he was moved to the wing, his confidence appeared to grow rapidly, partly down giving Agner a scare with his fists.

Always a risk but with the 5 defensemen we have signed up, I’d be happy to stick with that and have potentially 3 very solid lines supported by a 4th workmanship line in last year’s impressive Brit pack.

Batch could be regarded as a utility player and used at the back if required.

drainage

oneill said:
2 more tougher players in the league which is good to see. Devils D is looking very physical with a number of players well over 6'0'' and 2 who are going to be tougher players in the EIHL next season.

Rupe Quiney 6'6''
Adam Ross 6'4''
Josh Batch 6'4''
Brad Plumton 6'2''

add to that Andrew Lord 6'3'' , Phill Hill 6'3'', Matt Myers 6'1'', Mac Faulkner 6'1'' as forwards Devils are shaping up to be a very big team next season.
Indeed they are big lads ! Should cause some chaos in the BBT if some wants to take liberties!

Koop11 said:
I’m in the Batch as a forward camp. Like much of our defence last year, Batch struggled on the blue line which is surprising as he seemed to cope remarkably well in his debut season. When he was moved to the wing, his confidence appeared to grow rapidly, partly down giving Agner a scare with his fists.

Always a risk but with the 5 defensemen we have signed up, I’d be happy to stick with that and have potentially 3 very solid lines supported by a 4th workmanship line in last year’s impressive Brit pack.

Batch could be regarded as a utility player and used at the back if required.
+1 on that score

Finny said:
Adam Ross has the typical resume I always look for. College hockey (where he was Captain) followed by two years in the ECHL which included a call-up to the AHL. I'm guessing he is coming here on a Uni-deal.
How many Uni deals are going? Not sure how accurate it is but my understanding is the Cardiff Uni deals are not going ahead.

rocketbob

MDKWeapons said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epTUSsicAGg

H can throw 'em it seems. :twisted:
Quite a few youtube clips of the lad Plumton standing up for himself and his teammates. This guy is gonna be a popular Devil methinks.

MDKWeapons said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epTUSsicAGg

H can throw 'em it seems. :twisted:
Blaze need to sign that guy Schmelzer, being as it's German for 'melter'.

Seriously though, two to watch methinks. Exciting times!

Croeso i Gymru, bechgyn.

Wannabe2

We have one big team this coming season, and so far a tough looking team, think our superb coaching duo are pulling a fair few rabbits out of the magical hat. Some new faces which is always exciting to see, and a nettie that looks the Mutts Nutts. With a few signings still to make (hopefully Maxi is one), its looking mighty exciting to be a Devils fan. So its up to us guys now, to turn up in numbers and cheer our 2013/2014 season Gladiators to dizzy heights.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS. (WELL WELL PLEASED)

ASHIPP

Wannabe2 said:
We have one big team this coming season, and so far a tough looking team, think our superb coaching duo are pulling a fair few rabbits out of the magical hat. Some new faces which is always exciting to see, and a nettie that looks the Mutts Nutts. With a few signings still to make (hopefully Maxi is one), its looking mighty exciting to be a Devils fan. So its up to us guys now, to turn up in numbers and cheer our 2013/2014 season Gladiators to dizzy heights.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS. (WELL WELL PLEASED)
Fear not Glynne! If the enthusiasm about the away trips is anything to go by, there will be some big crowds at the BBT next season. Plus season tickets selling v well.

This season we are going to see some really tough but exciting games at the BBT. Hopefully its going to be the unbreakable fortress it once was against opposition.....though I did notice that the inside roof covering needed some repair at the end of last season.
:lol: :lol:

Mooney#16

I'm not being negative about either of these guys as they look good on paper but am slightly confused where G and Franny are going with this. Plumton looks like he will have come relatively cheap which leads me to think they haven't signed there no 1 d man yet so it looks like I have to eat a little humble pie and he may go with 5 import D. If this is the case I (opinion) think we will come up short on offence using Batch as the no 9 forward. With Faulkner, Blight, Lord and Myers, Hill, Davies and Batch those last two forwards need to be serious points producers to get three lines of pressure on to the opposition. If the money is there I hope I'm wrong but I really hope G and Franny haven't gone to far the other way and are looking for a shut down third line. Success as history shows needs three lines of roling pressure and threat in this league. I'm not being negative about the team assembled so far just with my best couch coach hat on trying to get inside Gs head a little as far as what team he wants to start the season with.

ASHIPP

There is no doubt that the remaining import signing do need to be top notch and add to the fire power upfront. Whilst the Panthers had the skill of Ling and Graham last season they also rolled 3 excellent threatening forward lines and goals came from everywhere. And btw not all these players were ex-NHL or AHL. This is a fantasic position to be in should one or two players become injured.
Unfortunately for Devils last year we saw what happened when key players were injured....
the scoring threat was limited to a handful of consistent players.

As for the defence, if G and Franny can find a two
way defenceman of Michael Schutte's quality, he will be effectively a 10th forward with defensive responsibilities. Schutte was a top 10 point scorer last season. One of the best attacking defencemen seen in this league in recent years.