Devils v Capitals - Sun 6pm - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ is the host for this game and as usual he can be reached on gamenight at matchnightlive@gmail.com

This is the final league game of the season, not sure how the league table will end up, but if we want to play Edinburgh in the playoffs it could rely on this game?

Chris.

If the league positions are confirmed before this game then maybe we'll see an exhibition style 9-8 game or something - I seem to remember a similar score between 2 teams who couldn't finish any higher / lower last season.

I'd like to see Crisp given a chance, but then I think we need to get ready for the paly-offs meaning we should put out our best players on the same lines they'll be playing next week and giving 100%.

ASHIPP

ledgend777 said:
If the league positions are confirmed before this game then maybe we'll see an exhibition style 9-8 game or something - I seem to remember a similar score between 2 teams who couldn't finish any higher / lower last season.
Why on earth would they do that?! :? As G has said repeatedly recently, the guys are still preparing for the Playoffs where the Devils historically have done well. A hard-earned win on Sunday will keep the momentum going physically and mentally for the Devils, particularly as their likely Playoff opponents the Steelers have improved their form. Also they are playing in front of the home crowd and it's the last league game of the season.
The Devils will be putting on a show alright but I don't think it's going to be 'exhibition' style - what would they have to gain by that?

I'm just saying what happened in a couple of games last season - although it wasn't involving Devils. Like I said, I hope they do give 100% tonight. I know it was after the CC final and a crazy run of games - but we didn't seem too bothered last time we played Edinburgh.

What's the situation with 5th place now - can Edinburgh still get it? What does it go on if teams are level on points?

ledgend777 said:
What's the situation with 5th place now - can Edinburgh still get it? What does it go on if teams are level on points?
Even if they level on points, Steelers have a much bigger goal difference (think they have 1 and the caps have -39) and the steelers have more wins.

A

Anonymous

What a score line. Brilliant. Hope the game was as good as the result for everyone! Great to see the young lads getting ice time and scoring points. Very excited at seeing more of them next season. Well done men! Bring on the Squeelers ! :twisted:

DevilDom

Ingramator said:
might be a stupid question. but how do you buy tickets for next saturday?
Look on the main Devils website - there is a link there to the planet ice website or go down to the rink any day its open.

Finny

Anyone know why Richardson didn't ice much tonight.

Oh, and the attendance tonight was 1835, quite incredible really for a 'nothing' game against a team who only bring a very small away following.

DevilDom

Finny said:
Anyone know why Richardson didn't ice much tonight.

Oh, and the attendance tonight was 1835, quite incredible really for a 'nothing' game against a team who only bring a very small away following.
Yeah excellent crowd. I was really surprised how many people were there tobight - probably the thought of no hockey for 4 long months making people get their fix in time for the close season!

As I put on the hockey forum:

Holland was alright he just didn't have much help in front of him. He'd probably want a few of the goals back but he looked quite calm and solid at times. None of the scrapping around looking desperate that you usually see with backups. Definitely one of the better ones that I've seen.

Game wasn't as boring as I expected either, there were quite a few checks thrown considering it was a nothing game.

Both teams were giving plenty of ice time to their young Brits it just seemed that the Caps had a lot more of them than us. One funny moment was John Connolly skating straight into Voth just after the whistle had blown, must have come up to about Voth's stomach and just bounced straight down off him. Voth looked down wondering what had hit him. :lol:

Nice to see Jamie Hayes get his first goal of the season too. I'm not sure but I think it could be his first senior goal for us?? And also Alex Symonds almost got his first goal of the season but it was stolen by Phil Hill claiming he got a touch on it. ;)

The Caps got a great round of applause at the end partly for their efforts and partly because the announcer was wishing them good luck for next week which I think the whole of rink agreed with! :D

Last point is Andrew Sharp. What's the point? A nothing game and Adams and a Caps player come together near the boards going for the puck, puck gets cleared, nothing happened between the two then Sharp steams in throwing punches at Adams, he must have thrown about 5 punches before Adams even had time to get his gloves off. What a waste of a roster spot. The guys an idiot plain and simple, he's not even as entertaining as McMorrow to have on the bench. The Caps would be far better off without him.