Devils v Giants - 17/02 - 7:30pm

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live for tomorrows game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ is the man in charge for this game and as always can be reached at matchnightlive@gmail.com

I think both teams are at full strength more or less for this game? Belfast might have an injury but i'm sure they still have enough imports to qualify as full strength...

Chris.

mazza03

Just come home after two periods of a very good game, Devils were all over Giants but very confusing with the Giants wearing red and white shirts, should never be allowed.

That was a great win, Lyle fully deserved his mom but that must have been Romfo's best performance for us. The special teams were good as well.

One major moan, I've been sat in tne Ferry Road carpark for over ten minutes and haven't moved as for the second game in a row the gates closed. Can't see me paying for the privelege of queueing again. I'll pay the swimming pool or decline the donation request!

I was told tonight, by the guy collecting the pounds for the carpark, that the council has
pad locked the back gate and its not gonna be opened again. 15 mins just to get to toys-r-us!!!! :x

Got to give it to Tylor for that check on McMorrow...class :lol:
Awesome game, another shut out for Stevie. :D
Got to agree with the parking in the rink, its a nightmare with the back gates shut, its ok letting people out infront of you, thats just being polite, but it the lazy sods that drive down a one way the wrong way and want to cut in instead of taking your place in the long line of patiently waiting people is just so wrong and very annoying to all those who have been stuck there for 10 minutes :x

Finny

Nearly didn't make this game thanks to something under my car snapping/breaking as I pulled out of my drive and making it immobile. Eternal gratitude to my very kind friends who picked me up at short notice meaning we all missed the first 2 minutes - as this was an absolutely cracking game of hockey.

Both sides came out fast and furious. Belfast seemed to be keen to play a very quick counter-attack tactic, and IMO they probably has most of the posession in the first period.

However, the Devils defence tonight was fantastic, and behind them Lyle was solid and controlling his rebounds well.

Devils took the lead after just 5 minutes on the powerplay. Birbraer and Votch cycle the puck around to Finnerty, who takes a slapshot from the blueline through traffic and through Murphy's 5-hole.
Devils 1-0 Giants

The goal seemed to give the Devils more confidence and 5 minutes later they scored a second. Finnerty broke down the left wing, passed the puck across the ice and although it missed Miller it was perfect for Voth who was unmarked at the far post and he tapped into the unguarded net.
Devils 2-0 Giants

Belfast were still looking dangerous but it was the Devils who all but sealed the game before the frst period break. Hill broke down the right wing and let loose a shot which Murphy looked to have saved, only for it to slip out and dribble over the line.
Devils 3-0 Giants

Into the second period, and although the Devils won the first period I felt it was quite even. However, the Devils totally dominated the second period and were even creating chance after chance on the penalty kill. Only a series of good saves from Murphy and missed chances stopped the Devils running away with it.

Final period and Devils did a great job of killing off the game and not letting the Giants back into, although they did start to give away a couple of silly penalties. Closest Belfast came to scoring was one of their players shot the puck from an incredibly tight angle, only for it clip the near post, miss both of Lyle's skates and bounce back out off the far post.

It was the Devils though who were still creating the best of the chances and Murphy made 2 or 3 great saves. With 2 minutes to go though the Devils finally got their 4th as their powerplay ended. Jarvis spotted Smith unmarked at the far post, and he one timed the pass in from a tight angle.

Cracking game of hockey, the first two periods were outstanding and after a couple of poor games it was nice to get back to the standard we had at the start of the season.

Oh my god Pinky & Perky played were gonna win with nearly 2 minutes left & with a lead of less than 10 - 0. :eek:

Seriously though a good all round team performance tonight, best I've seen for a long time. Very encouraging form going into the CC finals.

Another amazing non-game for McMorrow. About 3 minutes ice time in total all game. They should pay me his salary and I'd quite happily warm the bench for them.

To shut out Belfast is great, but I felt the scoreline should have been even higher still. The Devils forward lines were working well, passing well and making good chances. Pretty much every player had a faultless game, and the discipline was definitely much improved. Lyle definitely deserved the shutout and MOM but a nod has to go to Michel for planting McMorrow head first into the boards. Definite highlight reel stuff.

By the way, regarding the back gate, the above post is correct, the council has put their own padlock on the gate for some reason so until we get a key, it's completely beyond our control. Regarding the queueing by Toys R Us, there is another way back to the link road, if you head straight on at the pool instead of turning right you can skirt around Dunleavy Drive, turn right at the lights by the Harvester and you'll find yourself back at the link road.

Finny

Ghost Dog said:
By the way, regarding the back gate, the above post is correct, the council has put their own padlock on the gate for some reason so until we get a key, it's completely beyond our control. Regarding the queueing by Toys R Us, there is another way back to the link road, if you head straight on at the pool instead of turning right you can skirt around Dunleavy Drive, turn right at the lights by the Harvester and you'll find yourself back at the link road.
You're going to regret giving everyone that advice when you are stuck in a massive queue by the Harvester next game! :lol:

Ghost Dog said:
Awww did you have to? i liked that little route that no one seemed to know about.

Russky

Aside from the Mcmorrow sideshow, a thoroughly enjoyable game! Voth looks as if a great weight has been lifted off him and he had his best game of the seaon to my mind! Highlights for me were Finnerty's goal, Max's hip check, the donkey chants and songs and Michel's hit on McMorrow alongwith Mcmorrow's reaction- well worth 2 mins in the bin for boarding!

Tom Mooney said:
Hi guys,

Match report from tonight's game hot-off-the-press. Well, hot-ish as I had to wait for Stevie Lyle to get out of the showers before I could grab his quotes!

http://www.capturecardiff.com/topic/spo ... n-to-size/

Enjoy,

Tom Mooney
Nice report there mooney, it's really nice to get a report so quickly with comments from the team/G something i think that has always been lacking on the devils site.

Ger-Devils

Very good win, very composed throughout the game and we didn't leave 2nd gear. Penalty kill was great and the whole team had a very good game. Good to see Romfo having a very good game also as he has faced alot of criticism, even from myself at times so top effort.

Shame we didn't sign up Finnerty at the start of the year.

With the vipers beating the panthers tonight if we win our two games in hand we will only be 4 points of 3rd spot, not to impossible if the devils can keep playing as they are :D

A real clinical performance from the whole team….. Passing tonight was excellent and the passion and desire to win was faultless. Whatever G has said or done worked tonight

bluedevil said:
One major moan, I've been sat in tne Ferry Road carpark for over ten minutes and haven't moved as for the second game in a row the gates closed. Can't see me paying for the privelege of queueing again. I'll pay the swimming pool or decline the donation request!
The problem tonight was with a coach picking up some schoolkids outside the main entrance and blocking the exit, preventing cars from passing until it moved off.