DEVILS v Giants - Sat 25 (FO 7pm) & Sun 26 (FO 6pm) Mar 2017 - League - Chat/Updates

pjj365

All this talk about teaching Belfast a lesson is nonsense. No hit or fight would have hurt them as much as having to stand on the blue line and watch whilst Richardson collected our third trophy in three weeks.

Not to mention smashing sticks in frustration, the bowed heads at the final whistle and the general body language that goes with defeat.

Defeats in these circumstances hurt more than a few bruises. A tough guy will take a lost fight in his stride, wining important games (and it was important to Giants) knocks the whole team and will last longer

I understand fighting fans but fighting - even for retribution - when you are winning makes no sense

E.D.S.

That was the most boring and least physical game I have ever watched! After the last Belfast away game with Vandameer punching Fournier on the floor after the whistle, tonight was a great opportunity to set the record straight and get some pay back! Batch should be ashamed, what has happened to him this year? Never looks bothered and his getting out muscled by Rutherford for gods sake! Same for Bordy, fuck the instigator penalty he should of caved the homeless bums Martnelli's face in! Also everyone seemed shit scared of Nickerson tonight, he could of got his dick out and dragged his balls across the Devils logo and we would of congratulated him on how good a job he did at it! Shambles, get Hendo back! At least he stuck up for people.
Language aside, you're entitled to your opinion. Personally... 3 trophies will do me. It's not like we haven't been physical or stepped up. You have a view of how you want the game played and what you want from the team, it's different to mine. Each to their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ocko

I was more disappointed with Belfast actually as I thought they'd come out and really go for it. Yet they didn't until they were 4-2 down.
I'd agree with that and said it last night; for me Belfast didn't turn up. But at the same time I think we're seeing a Giants team who have run out of momentum. I've not believed they're at the same level as us or Sheffield, they just got massive momentum going which gave them a shot. Player for player I dont think they're anywhere near us; they have the clumbersome Nickerson on D, no player as well rounded as Joey Martin and I could go on...

They didn't even goon it up, which is equally as surprising too. Surely Walser will want a response today?

RedDevil17

Last night was a really poor game and a poor performance from both teams. Belfast dominated in the 2nd and that was about it. I've said this before and I'll say it again, we need to throw the body against the tough, physical teams like Belfast,Sheffield,Nottingham etc otherwise getting bullied in our own barn is not on. But overall, 3 out of 3 trophies so far. Let's make it 4 on our 30th anniversary!

Mooney#16

Its worth remembering during threads like this that whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion, not everyone's opinion is of an equal value.

drainage

All this talk about teaching Belfast a lesson is nonsense. No hit or fight would have hurt them as much as having to stand on the blue line and watch whilst Richardson collected our third trophy in three weeks.

As for the game, it had it moments but was overall pretty unremarkable. I was more disappointed with Belfast actually as I thought they'd come out and really go for it. Yet they didn't until they were 4-2 down.
My thoughts exactly our revenge will be being polished as we speak .... Fights don't put goals in the net or points on the board some of the comments on here are plain daft ! I expected more from Giants they still had a chance to take 2nd seed now they wait to see if it's 3rd or 4th (if my maths are correct!!) they may rue their approach last night!

drainage

What is it with people using players names in their forum log on who then pretty much post snide spiteful or plain nasty posts! As far as I can see they have used a player's name to simply log on and rant or have a go at the team, the games etc?

All very odd!

backrow

There's no question that the game lacked the intensity that we've come to expect and appreciate in a Giants / Devils game but I'm sure the main goal was to win, stay healthy and to avoid suspensions. The Devils surprisingly gave up goals in their defensive zone play last night.

What is it with people using players names in their forum log on who then pretty much post snide spiteful or plain nasty posts! As far as I can see they have used a player's name to simply log on and rant or have a go at the team, the games etc?

All very odd!
Sorry I didn't realise we all had to run our usernames through you, Drainage.

pjj365

I'm sure it was joeyhaddadpims who pointed this out a little while ago and I think he's got a point....
No fights, no physicality.....no retaliation to dirty cheap shots or massive hits
It's like watching the uni stick lifting team
Yet we have no injuries from the massive hits
The players can't have thought there were dirty cheap shots otherwise there would have been retaliation at the time

Guess they are judging their victory by way of silverware rather than head hunted scalps - but I may be wrong
After all many on here suggest lack of retaliation/physicallity/whatever implies the team have failed

I'm sure it was joeyhaddadpims who pointed this out a little while ago and I think he's got a point....
No fights, no physicality.....no retaliation to dirty cheap shots or massive hits
It's like watching the uni stick lifting team
Who have won 3 out of 4 so far....Just IMHO but I want the trophies on display and the banners in the roof. Some have said you can win playing nasty, of course you can and others have...now you can say we can win playing clever and with skilled players and a top Coach. I'll take either way...I just wanted the trophies this year! We have them.

Yet we have no injuries from the massive hits
The players can't have thought there were dirty cheap shots otherwise there would have been retaliation at the time

Guess they are judging their victory by way of silverware rather than head hunted scalps - but I may be wrong
After all many on here suggest lack of retaliation/physicallity/whatever implies the team have failed
The only reason we haven't had injuries from these cheap shots is that our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ has been looking after our players
Amen

Truly bizarre. So this latest comment says that I am the same person as Asselin'sStick. Anybody with more than a couple of brain cells could see that is not the case. I've seen a lot of Asselin'sStick's posts and our writing styles are completely different, and our opinions differ on quite a few things. Your comment is just another in the long list of comments by various posters who are desperate to accuse new members of being certain people. The mods have clarified this before and said there's no evidence of multiple accounts. Can everyone - especially the likes of Finny, TerryHunt and Voth26, who are repeat offenders (and then claim to not care!) - stop accusing forum members of being certain people, and stop accusing people of having multiple accounts when the mods have already stated nobody does.
Clearly you have been unjustifiably targeted. Mods...please can we provide some Counselling. Clearly there is a need for reconciliation here.

Foxy

Good grief really people get a grip. This thread is supposed to be about the Devils/giants game and the last few pages have been nothing but point scoring and insulting other posters. We've won three out of four trophies in case you haven't noticed.

No the game wasn't as intense as previous games. I felt as though Devils were doing enough to win and just moving up the gears when needed. Absolutely no point in risking injuries or suspensions for the sake of gooning it up. One more cup still to be won.