Devils v Panthers - Weds 7:30pm - Chat/Updates

Gazza272

J.B said:
Gazza272 said:
You have to admit it though, it is wayyy ahead of the simple (albeit effective) youtube channels other teams use as their 'TV channels' the design of the video, and the way its all laid out is top notch, and no other sports team in britain seems to have anything like it.
Way ahead in what way? I'm not being funny but it just seems like a youtube screen with the big picture in the middle and the other options down the right hand side. OK a bit more fancy but hardly the greatest thing since sliced bread.

And having just watched the Blaze vs Vipers on Vipers TV, posted a few days after the game with commentary and post match interviews, I know I'd rather have that than a few adverts for Devils sponsors :roll:

Well as i said to you the other day, go and find me another set up, as high quality and well laid out as Devils TV from another British sports site. If you can fine i'll agree with you, until then no i dont agree its the same as the youtube Channels, Very easy to update yes, useful? absoloutly, and i wouldnt knock the hard work that obviously goes into making them.

There will be different content on Devils TV, i know there is plenty of entertainment planned (skits, sketches etc) but these things take time to do and polish up, it's better to take time and get things right then to rush them and play into the criticism i can tell your just waiting to post.

As for the sponser comment, i would have thought coming from Coventry that you would be used to it, but also where did i say it would be used for sponsers? yes it could be, but what i meant by a marketting tool is, if you take Devils TV to sponsers i would be amazed if they werent impressed, it gives a fabulous first impression of our organisation to outsiders.

Gazza272 said:
As for the sponser comment, i would have thought coming from Coventry that you would be used to it, but also where did i say it would be used for sponsers? yes it could be, but what i meant by a marketting tool is, if you take Devils TV to sponsers i would be amazed if they werent impressed, it gives a fabulous first impression of our organisation to outsiders.
I was talking generally rather than in regard to your last comment. At the moment, apart from the interview with Franny who seems a very decent guy, there really isn't much on there to interest a British hockey fan. Hopefully this will improve in the future but at the moment it seems to be in danger of trying to be too clever and missing what the fans really want. The Sheffield website looks absolutely rubbish but it has good information, plenty of news stories and has or will have game highlights.

J.B said:
Gazza272 said:
You have to admit it though, it is wayyy ahead of the simple (albeit effective) youtube channels other teams use as their 'TV channels' the design of the video, and the way its all laid out is top notch, and no other sports team in britain seems to have anything like it.
Way ahead in what way? I'm not being funny but it just seems like a youtube screen with the big picture in the middle and the other options down the right hand side. OK a bit more fancy but hardly the greatest thing since sliced bread.

And having just watched the Blaze vs Vipers on Vipers TV, posted a few days after the game with commentary and post match interviews, I know I'd rather have that than a few adverts for Devils sponsors :roll:
Well sod off and watch that instead then :lol: