Devils v Panthers - Weds 7:30pm - Chat/Updates

TheStub

Oh, just saw it is a 7:30 faceoff.

That's good, give me a chance to remember and actually go home from work - or we could end up with MNL from my office :lol:

Please note everyone - tonight's game is now a Challenge Cup game, not a league game. Not sure if our fixture list has been updated with that info but the Elite website and Panthers have both changed theirs.

TheStub

Add in the fact that it is in our house! I think we have a team that will be very hard to beat at home. Make it a cauldron, and show up those Sky games from the House of Snooze!

James

Administrator
TheStub said:
show up those Sky games from the House of Snooze!
Watching the sheffield game the other night I couldn't believe how empty and quiet the House of Rust looked on Sky. Lets make some extra noise tonight and show the Sky viewers how a real team does it.

TheStub

James said:
TheStub said:
show up those Sky games from the House of Snooze!
Watching the sheffield game the other night I couldn't believe how empty and quiet the House of Rust looked on Sky. Lets make some extra noise tonight and show the Sky viewers how a real team does it.
Try watching a game in there. I would hate to be a player in there - motivation must be at rock bottom. You get on the back foot, and it is like a church - no chance of the crowd pulling you back into it.

A packed out bay, with an insane amount of noise would be great :D

Push so much noise through Dave's mic, that you can't hear him :lol:

TheStub

A bad spell right at the start of the third see the Devils loose 2 - 3.

Sounded quite a game. Looking forward to Friday when I can see it!

TheStub

Am I the only the one who finds the fact that Hicks always gives an equal number of penalty minutes to both teams strange?

I mean, what are the odds - but again tonight it is 18 minutes a piece.

I'll have to have a dig through some stats at some point - but it seems to happen a lot.

TheStub

Home town over bias.

He seems to be harsh with Cardiff to look fair. I still think he shouldn't do Cardiff games, but not sure if the league could cope with that.

mazza03

We threw the game away in the 3rd period, I wont go as far as saying we were rubbish but we weren't far off, we tried to get going in the last couple of minutes but by the it was too late. The Panthers didn't play well, in fact the first two periods I wondered how they got to be top but the 3rd period they were all over us. Stevie pulled off some good saves but let a real soft one in.
Hicks did his usual and played to the camera he missed a couple of hits on Ben and then I think he realised that there was actually two teams on the ice and played fair.
We should have won this game but made too many silly passes and mistakes. :evil:

TheStub

Seems to have been the story for the Panthers this season so far. Go into the third trailing, and hit back with a few quick goals to take the win.

Gazza272

Well tongiht i thought was the night we desperatly missed Vother, the panthers needed a distraction as they were handling us fairly well in their own Zone, we needed a wrecking ball to go steaming in to get them off of their game plan, the closest we had was Michel but he blocked a shot in the first and only made one shift in the second afterwards, doesnt look as though he has broken anything though, looks more like a dead leg.

However Smithy went off towards the end of the game and its hard to say what was wrong.

I thought a draw would have been a fair result this evening, i think Nottingham will be ecstatic to have picked up all two.

Before i praise the Panthers though i have to ask every season in Corey Neilsons first training session does it go something like this:

Neilson: Right guys we are going to have a scrum in front of the net, now i want you to make sure that when the scrum stars, you all have your sticks in your hands ready to swipe at people, and if you can try and get the stick near the face for maximum effect.

IIn saying that, i would be shocked if Nottingham dont win the league, they have fire power up front and D'amour looks like the calming influence they have been lacking in D for the past few years. They ahd flair to get back into the game and they got gritty and stuck it out when they got in front, i havent seen Belfast yet, but i think they will have to do well to be better than Nottingham.

As for the Devils, for me when Voth's back get him on a line with Max and Smith, they need someone to take the attention away from them, tongiht Smith and Max seemed to link up well, but Miller doesnt seem a smart enough player to do enough damage on that line, i think he would be better trying to cause mayhem for Jay on the second, i would try it for two games at least to see how it goes.

Star of the show continues to be Ben Davies though, he is as good as most imports in this league at the moment for my money.