Devils v Stars - Home & Away - Playoff QF's - Chat/Updates

KaneDevils

Re: Devils v Stars - Home & Away - Playoff QF's - Chat/Updat

pjj365 said:
KaneDevils said:
I find the hot dogs temperature perfect. Although they do seem slightly smaller than at other venues. Alton towers for example. Anyone know what make they are at IAW?
Plesse don't mention Alton Towers - this years roller coaster has been more thsn enough
I didn't go on any rides, just went on a UK tour of hot dog sampling.

mazza03

Foxy said:
Electro said:
Yin and Yang.

You have to have negativity to be able to have positivity. The negativity was the driving force in turning the result.

Saturday nights criticism was justified. We didn't loose that game because the other team was better, we lost it because we played badly, really bad, uncharacteristically bad. Had we played well and still lost against a better playing team, fine.

I've yet to meet any fans of any sport that don't bitch when their team messes up. So can we please stop criticising people criticising the team.

It's counter productive to generating positivity.
Good grief i find myself actually agreeing with you :D

I need to lie down :D
Me too :eek:

Koop11

I’m delighted we made the playoff finals. True character in the second leg got us through.

We have not played well for the best part of 6 weeks now, even games we have won. Saturday’s home leg was particularly dire and quite frankly we were all but out of the playoffs at that point based on ours and Dundee’s performance. The away leg really must have been something else from the team and I hope this inspires them for one last push at some glory this season.

We have the players to win it. You only have to look at the Elite League stats in all departments. Do we have the team though to go on a lift the playoff trophy. Time will tell. I can’t wait. Last chance lads. Give it your very best.

E.D.S.

We have the ability but we don't seem to turn up when it matters for me. Bit concerned about the big game mentality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two dummies did not do so bad last night did they! Must have been all the hours they spent studying holiday brochures after Saturdays game. :DWD

kettdevil1

E.D.S. said:
We have the ability but we don't seem to turn up when it matters for me. Bit concerned about the big game mentality.

Sunday....? Cough cough....

E.D.S.

kettdevil1 said:
E.D.S. said:

Once. I didn't think it was a great road game. The performance for me wasn't there. The result was. Are we bounding into the playoffs riding a crest of a wave believing that we can smash it with the standard of our performances of late?! We crawled across the line against Dundee. Coventry like last these appear to be on the ascendancy but we like, last year seem to be on the decline.

What about the other 'big' games this season?! Just feels like when we need a performance we don't deliver. At times we can look flat and not motivated. Capability in abundance but mentally are we strong enough? Jury is out for me - of course it's personal opinion.

bdevil

What do you class as a big game? To me the 5 of the season were big games, especially with what was at stake. We won 4 of the last 5, just unfortunately it wasn't quite enough. We had 1 bad dip in form this season which culminated in losing 4 league games in a row and the CC final but don't forget just before that run we won a "big" game away to Sheffield. We also won a "big" game during that bad run away to Belfast to make the CC final.
To say we "don't turn up" for big games is cliche and slightly naive in my opinion. We turn up and get results in the vast majority of big games, like we did on Sunday and like I am damn sure we will this Saturday and Sunday.

BostonBart22

E.D.S. said:
kettdevil1 said:
E.D.S. said:

Once. I didn't think it was a great road game. The performance for me wasn't there. The result was. Are we bounding into the playoffs riding a crest of a wave believing that we can smash it with the standard of our performances of late?! We crawled across the line against Dundee. Coventry like last these appear to be on the ascendancy but we like, last year seem to be on the decline.

What about the other 'big' games this season?! Just feels like when we need a performance we don't deliver. At times we can look flat and not motivated. Capability in abundance but mentally are we strong enough? Jury is out for me - of course it's personal opinion.
CORRECT and where does the motivation come from , THE BENCH and i dont see it in half the games if that. :)

Finny

That's a very odd comment to make unless you spend the whole game watching the bench instead of the action on the ice. Which would again be very odd.

Finny

bdevil said:
What do you class as a big game? To me the 5 of the season were big games, especially with what was at stake. We won 4 of the last 5, just unfortunately it wasn't quite enough. We had 1 bad dip in form this season which culminated in losing 4 league games in a row and the CC final but don't forget just before that run we won a "big" game away to Sheffield. We also won a "big" game during that bad run away to Belfast to make the CC final.
To say we "don't turn up" for big games is cliche and slightly naive in my opinion. We turn up and get results in the vast majority of big games, like we did on Sunday and like I am damn sure we will this Saturday and Sunday.
My thoughts too. Presumably it's only a big game if we lost it.

jimmy snels

Dispite the mocking manner in which your approaching this finny we 100% choked this year and im not suprised other fan bases are calling us out on it. The reasoning can be discussed i would suggest in the off season but to again offer no opinion on a subject but post just to dismiss others is incredibly frustrating. Can i assume you think everything we could possibly have done was done, the players were fully motivated, we were tactically sound and the scheduling was perfect for example? As a forum it's here to discuss the team not just to repeatedly say "we're the best", "our owners are amazing" & "its the refs fault". If a fan thinks he didn't see enough coming from the bench (i assume he sits close to it :? ) why not say so? It could be a factor in our poor end of season form

E.D.S.

I see games when the results are there but not the performances. We've stumbled over the line at times and whilst this is a results business I've tended to be left wondering about the performance and being concerned going into certain games.
Back to my point about the playoff weekend. I'm not going in there with bags of confidence believing there's a Devils team
capable of winning it. Doesn't mean they won't. I'm just saying from what I see at times, going into "big" games I question the approach and mindset.

E.D.S.

Finny said:
bdevil said:
My thoughts too. Presumably it's only a big game if we lost it.
Is that what your stats say?

voth26

ok so now we have done the devils are crap and the devils are great thing.
Can we all get behind the team for the playoffs

KaneDevils

That's finny for you. If he's not guessing who you are or who you were he's mocking and being uber sarcastic. But, he gets away with it, so why stop?

As Jimmy says, we choked it. It shows mental weakness to throw away what looked like our title. The Cc final was also a big game, not only did we lose, but we played poorly too. Away to fife, end of season. Huge game, lost. But hey, we crawled past a team who finished 7th by a single goal to reach the playoffs. Come on people, rose tinted specs to one side please. :lol:

Also, what happened to all those mid season comments of fans feeling bored and un-entertained after games?

E.D.S.

voth26 said:
ok so now we have done the devils are crap and the devils are great thing.
Can we all get behind the team for the playoffs
I don't think anyone is saying that they aren't behind them. It's a forum for debate and discussing. We're debating and discussing. Pretty certain we all want the Devils to do well.