Devils v Steelers - 05/03 @ 16:00 - CC Final - Chat/Updates

James

Administrator
Good job Thommo got his excuses in early. As for the tickets they didn't sell out their allocation so no steelers fan wasn't able to come if they wanted too.

ASHIPP

This afternoon's performance was deserved reward for the hard work getting to the Final - it was priceless seeing the joy on the Boys' faces. It meant so much to them.

Lordo and the Team should be proud of their mental maturity and attitude. The ability to stay composed and trust eachother to get the job done is as important as physical skill and changing the plan when they need to. That sort of evolution this year is what makes this Team so strong.

august04

A fairly even first period but the Devils completely dominated the second and third. I'm sure we'll get the excuses from Thommo but he knows they were beaten on the night by a far superior team and only kept in it by a great performance from their goalie. The complete performance from the Devils tonight, simply superb. And you can keep your large arena finals, the atmosphere in IAW tonight was unreal.

E.D.S.

One thing I did think was odd (not sure if anyone can shed any light on it)....the trophy presentation seemed non existent and amateurish. I've never seen a club captain present himself with the trophy. I'm sure it's tradition and the norm to present the trophy to the winning team. Was there no one around from the Elite Towers to do it? Was Cardiff too far for them to go? it seemed all a bit strange.

One thing I did think was odd (not sure if anyone can shed any light on it)....the trophy presentation seemed non existent and amateurish. I've never seen a club captain present himself with the trophy. I'm sure it's tradition and the norm to present the trophy to the winning team. Was there no one around from the Elite Towers to do it? Was Cardiff too far for them to go? it seemed all a bit strange.
Chairman of the league was too busy on google looking for his next Coach?

Wagstaff

What a day for hockey, Simms apologised, Steeler Dan got ejected from the game, Thommo avoided the media, Jerry borrowed Thommos excuse book,
Oh and you won but had to go and find the trophy for yourselves!
Congratulations on a brilliant victory:D
I just wish I could have got past the error message so I could watch it too! :(

ASHIPP

Shout out to Doucet. Must have been gutted to miss out but he played a massive part in this and will going forward.
Give me that league now so I can chill out at the Playoffs.
Hope Douce knows from the fans how appreciated he is. The team were certainly ensuring he wasn't forgotten! Very important part of the team that got to the Final....and he will be playing his part for the rest of the crucial games left this season.

Slartibartfast

A couple of shout outs.
For Andrew Lord - He has a real tough job. Not just having to play and coach but having to chose who the healthy scratch is from a team who are all on top form. His team nearly always finds a way to win which is a credit to him as a coach.
For Joey Haddad - Steelers like most teams could just not get the puck of him. Had a storming season
For Layne Ulmer - Was criticised earlier in the season when he had a lull but is now Devils 2nd top scorer and has scored some game changers including tonights winning goal
For Ben Bowns - That Steelers short handed breakaway could have cost us the game but Bownsy was solid all night.
For the whole team - Ferocious forechecking, solid back checking, slick passing, always first to the puck, physical hockey, never say die attitude. What more can you ask from a team. They totally dominated the Steelers tonight. As others have said, it would have been a travesty to have lost this game.
Im a very proud and happy fan. Its days like this that remind me why I have followed the Devils for 27 years.

Steelers Dan got thrown out for banging on the plexiglass behind Bowns. I personally thought it was pathetic, yes tell him don't be a dick and stop banging behind Bowns but to actually throw him out (and a few steelers fans which was rather heavy handed was no need) it put a dampener on things for me. The stewards wouldn't throw out taz for winding up the oppo so why do it then

Steelers Dan got thrown out for banging on the plexiglass behind Bowns. I personally thought it was pathetic, yes tell him don't be a dick and stop banging behind Bowns but to actually throw him out (and a few steelers fans which was rather heavy handed was no need) it put a dampener on things for me. The stewards wouldn't throw out taz for winding up the oppo so why do it then
From what others are saying I think you will find it a little more than that!!

Kipper

A mascot has no business being anywhere near a goal judge and banging the plexi. He was being a bellend by the penalty box when a Devils player was sitting