Devils Vs Blaze -Challenge Cup Semi - Chat/Updates

backrow

Walton's goal was a "thing of beauty", a real goal scorer's goal.
However, I thought the key play was when the Devils answered right back and Culli set up Tahtinen for his first Devils' goal. Andrew Lord's shorthander after stepping out of the penalty box was icing on the cake or insurance.
I also loved when Culli put his head down and caught up to O'Marra on the backcheck to prevent a 2 on 1 in the 2nd period.

Devil_Abroad

An amazing night. Back home in Beds, falling asleep watching Blackhawks v Red Wings, so time for bed.

Just an amazing night.

3 games in 3 days and all that travelling and still managed yo come up with that performance

Thank you guys, much appreciated

Going to Nottingham on Saturday - too much to ask for one more huge effort?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koop11

So glad I made the journey for that game. We looked in full control after 10 mins of the game. We owned the nutral zone as we did in Scotland and anything that hit our blueline was cleaned up easily. If it wasn’t for the officials with some bias penalties and some very dubious icings, I think it could have been an even more dominating performance.

Walton’s goal was a piece of individual brilliance. A terrible goal if you are a Blaze fan though. Great to see Tahtinen get his first goal and very nicely finished. More pleasing was the way he saw the play happen and slowed placed himself on the back post. It’s like he knew what Cully was about to do behind the net. As a friend put it to me last night, this guy is a ‘sensible’ signing. He brings a calmness and control to our high tempo team. A nice piece to our impressive puzzle.

Lord’s goal was unbelievable. Killing a 5 on 3 with your defenseman playing without a stick and we clear the zone for Lord to come out of the box and finish suburbly with less than a second on the period clock. Loved that and Lord thoroughly deserved his MoM.

Like many of us I am fancying our chances of a CC final appearance but history has taught us that a 3 goal lead is nothing (the victorious CC final of 2005). Lets not forget, Coventry are one of the few teams who know how to win in our barn this season and are deservedly in this semi final following an away win to Braehead after being 3 goals down. All to play for but a big weekend ahead of us first.

Devil_Abroad

Koop11 said:
Coventry are one of the few teams who know how to win in our barn this season and are deservedly in this semi final following an away win to Braehead after being 3 goals down. All to play for but a big weekend ahead of us first.
Wise words - they have good players and well coached. So another 60 mins of total hockey required.

However, hope I can tape the final as I won't be able to make it :DWD

BostonBart22

Devil_Abroad said:
Koop11 said:
Coventry are one of the few teams who know how to win in our barn this season and are deservedly in this semi final following an away win to Braehead after being 3 goals down. All to play for but a big weekend ahead of us first.
Wise words - they have good players and well coached. So another 60 mins of total hockey required.

However, hope I can tape the final as I won't be able to make it :DWD
dont think its on t,v unless its a sellout first.

kettdevil1

Interesting to look back, there are always a few things that pass you by when you are watching live. This time it was how good some of Bowns' saves were and how brave Tyson was in throwing himself in front of the puck twice during the 5 on 3 (or 2 1/2 really...)

The one thing that didn't pass me by was just how sweet Lordo's goal was though.

voth26

The guys were definitely up for it last night, Ben was definitely on top of his game he made 2\3 key saves. Hendrik's was at his aggressive best. This is only half time so still plenty of work to be done in the 2nd leg.

Was sooooooo funny. When they scored, the blaze fans started an "it's all your fault" chant at Bownsy, you can hear it on the highlights . Before they finished, Marku put the puck in the net for 3-1. Looked over and they were crestfallen.

There were many highlights yesterday, too many to mention, but Lordo's goal for 4-1 with everything that was going on just about sums up our entire season and the You Tube clip of Ben is just so perfect a reaction to what we now have.

Having had 2 days to recover (my voice is still gone) and having missed out on the Scottish triple header :(. I can without doubt say that was one my favourite away games! The highlights don't give us justice. We were on fire on Wednesday! All four goals are works of art! Bownsy's saves were clutch! And our D core was solid! I nearly spat my drink out when I saw Hendrikx on the wing on the first shift! Work commitments mean I'm out for Saturday! But cannot wait for Sunday!

BRING THE NOISE!!

Although i was lucky enough to be at that amazing game on Wednesday (also still have a sore throat!), until i just saw the highlights i never appreciated quite how good Bowns was for us. Some of those saves were world class!! That's a championship winning goalie we have right there. :D

Ocko

Scottman said:
Although i was lucky enough to be at that amazing game on Wednesday (also still have a sore throat!), until i just saw the highlights i never appreciated quite how good Bowns was for us. Some of those saves were world class!! That's a championship winning goalie we have right there. :D
Agree. Bowns was outstanding. Flawless performance by him, unfortunately the only time he conceded was a freak defection off his defencemen.

Lord was very good but how Bowns didn't get MoM is a mystery.