Devils Vs Blaze - League - 11th March 23 - 19:00 FO

kettdevil1

Last nite was a lot better but I am just on about this season as a whole ! Even the atmosphere I find is lacking just a personal thought though and how I see the game
Thank you for the reply. Hopefully we finish on a high, it has been frustrating this season. We appear to go from good to bad all in the same period and even this late in the season I still couldn't tell you exactly how good this team is.

Rhyan48

Thank you for the reply. Hopefully we finish on a high, it has been frustrating this season. We appear to go from good to bad all in the same period and even this late in the season I still couldn't tell you exactly how good this team is.
It’s been a weird old season and just haven’t enjoyed going ! I know you can never win them all and at sport ! But never been so bored watching hockey either

august04 2.0

Glad someone else had the same idea as me, Lou being out makes as much sense as the power play tactics Dupont has come up with all season long I'm all for Dupont being successful but he's yet to correct the mistakes he's made all season long, it says a lot when the entire arena can point out the mistakes over and over again to the point they now start booing him and the team because he just isn't getting things sorted.

2 home games left this season and he's fixed absolutely nothing.
I’ve said it before but surely Lou is injured? It’s the only sane explanation for scratching him and playing Pietroniro as his D replacement, and then keeping Reid in the line up, who has consistently offered nothing all season. If you’re right that Lou is fit, it’s an utter disgrace that he’s being sidelined - and clearly shows that DuPont doesn’t have the balls to drop the big names, already demonstrated when he ridiculously did the same to Brandt.

Pleximan

Reading the posts above, I agree with some of the comments about this season being boring. I can accept watching us lose at home providing that we have gone down fighting, to the last bullet so to speak. But too many times this season it has been so frustrating watching mediocre to poor performances by individual players and even worse by the team as a whole.
Based on the recruitment of the team for this season we are a mid table team and we are currently punching slightly above our weight because teams like Nottingham are in an even worse state of mediocrity than we are.
It does seem strange to me but I am just wanting this season to end, it has by and large been very underwhelming and worse, not entertaining. All too often the games have been poor to watch with plenty of poor performances by the team who have generally been win one, lose one. This team is not good enough to win consistently with a real lack of leaders and true Devil players who leave it all out on the ice game in, game out. Those players moved on with only a couple of leaders amongst a generally bland and boring Devils lineup this year.
It's been really noticeable to me that after many years of watching the Devils as a ST holder, this year has been very frustrating to go through and too many times it has become almost a chore to make the effort to get to a home game. This team is just plain boring with very little character. As a ST holder I don't expect to win all the time, but I do expect to be entertained and that sadly has been missing too often this year. I am struggling to understand the direction of the Devils at the moment and based on what I have watched over the last 2 seasons, I am not going to renew my ST next season. Still, at least TK gets to run around the arena dressed as Super Mario.........important that.

Swarley

I’ve said it before but surely Lou is injured? It’s the only sane explanation for scratching him and playing Pietroniro as his D replacement, and then keeping Reid in the line up, who has consistently offered nothing all season. If you’re right that Lou is fit, it’s an utter disgrace that he’s being sidelined - and clearly shows that DuPont doesn’t have the balls to drop the big names, already demonstrated when he ridiculously did the same to Brandt.
I think Dupont just needs to stop playing favourites and cut Reid off and bench him, he was brilliant last season and then this season he's just been way below average.

I know for a fact Lou isn't injured or carrying an injury it was the coaches choice to sit him out.

Diablo3

I didn't see the game but I just watched the Dupont interview, which seemed pretty much his standard set of clichés. He just doesn't have the vibe of someone who is full of ideas and is driven. If I had to pick one word to describe him, it would be broken.
Absolutely that. It is just what I thought watching the interview. Unless he bounces back I think his time here is done.

Reid and his habitual poor performances being tolerated puzzle me. I'd it a question of the coach playing his mate? Is it the embarrassment to to the club if they bench on off their higher paid players? One thing's for sure, if Reid had been on the books of Sheffield or Belfast he'd have been gone a long time ago.
We had a similar situation last season when we kept playing a hopelessly under performing 1st line centre. He was so far off the pace he also got moved down the lines instead of being given his P45!
He was so bad he was eventually moved behind the bench for Xmas!
Can’t seem to recall his name!

Finny

We had a similar situation last season when we kept playing a hopelessly under performing 1st line centre. He was so far off the pace he also got moved down the lines instead of being given his P45!
I thought it was common knowledge now that DuPont got injured pre-season, played through the pain before taking time off. Returned, but got injured again almost straight away and had to retire?

Wannabe2

Andreas Valdix by any chance, or our present coach.

kettdevil1

I thought it was common knowledge now that DuPont got injured pre-season, played through the pain before taking time off. Returned, but got injured again almost straight away and had to retire?
It was common knowledge and quite clear from watching him for any period of time that he was in great pain.

I also think that linking the player and the coach is conflating two separate issues. Criticism of a player clearly injured strikes me as unfair, criticism of a coach (assuming it is constructive) is fair enough.

MA18

But still looked for a playing contract this season before accepting the head coach position permanently.