Devils Vs Brûleurs de Loups - Conti Cup - 19th Nov 23 - FO 19:15 (18:15 UK)

moggy#9

That felt like a dire midweek game at somewhere like Coventry or Fife. You really felt that we ought to be winning well, but we were never really catching fire. The job is done though and we move on, hopefully to a final on our on ice.

Bowns played extremely well. Also, I was a pretty harsh critic of Crandall when he was resigned, but he's played well this weekend.

Who was it though who made a no look pass in the 3rd and almost gave away a tying goal?

That felt like a dire midweek game at somewhere like Coventry or Fife. You really felt that we ought to be winning well, but we were never really catching fire. The job is done though and we move on, hopefully to a final on our on ice.

Bowns played extremely well. Also, I was a pretty harsh critic of Crandall when he was resigned, but he's played well this
I'd be shocked if Chad sticks around, he's being wasted here as a spare and I'd honestly hate to have him go to another team in the league because he'd be a nightmare to play against
i agree - if I was him I’d want out if this is what it looks like going forward for him. Would be a massive shame as everyone likes him here but waste of his talents watching everyone else play and just say there twiddling his thumbs.

Finny

I saw lots of comments on Twitter pre-game asking why Bowns was starting tonight.

That was why. Absolutely outstanding performance. For the first 10 minutes he was keeping us in the tournament on his own.
Slowly we got into the game and were IMO the better side in the second. Grenoble started to get frustrated and there were some pretty blatant penalties ignored by the referees.

Which in hindsight we were probably lucky weren’t called, because those two PPs at the start of the third were horrendous. Possibly the worst successive powerplays I’ve ever seen.

Fortunately we managed to survive them and thanks to some huge saves from Bowns we saw out the game without taking into OT.
Phew!

Mooney#16

Well done to the team. Had a job to do and got it done. Was far from vintage Devils performances but you have to respect the teams ability to grind it out. Second Conti Cup finals in two years. As Devils fans you have to appreciate how spoiled we get it sometimes to always be in the mix for these competitions.

Wannabe2

Those Devils fans done the club proud this last weekend, best on the planet bar none. They must be the envy of every other club. It don’t get any better than these guys, well played guys you were just as important as every devil on the ice. HAPPY FAN DAYS.

Finny

Not sure if anyone else is watching it but in the other group Cortina were 4-1 up with 14 minutes left but have thrown it away against the bottom team and are now 4-4.

Finny

Cortina blow it and lose in OT. So I think Mac Carruth and Herning qualify in their place.

If you think our webcast was bad today, the Italian one was so bad they missed the winning goal.

Swarley

Cortina blow it and lose in OT. So I think Mac Carruth and Herning qualify in their place.

If you think our webcast was bad today, the Italian one was so bad they missed the winning goal.
They qualify and I'm dead excited for Bluefox, anyone know where the finals being held?

NathanG

They qualify and I'm dead excited for Bluefox, anyone know where the finals being held?
If I remember correctly it was announced by the Thursday or Friday after the semi finals last year. Excited to find out though.

Todd will probably put a solid bid for us to host it. Katowice too as they're Logistically easy to reach. Herning would be a bit of a nightmare