Devils Vs Clan - League - 22nd Dec 23 - FO 19:30

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
I had to check twice but yes we are indeed playing the Clan again on Friday night.
Clan return to the scene of their smash and grab Challenge Cup raid. Devils have had almost a week off which is a luxury at the moment and hopefully we will be able to field at least close to a full lineup. Maybe even our new D man? Nothing but a W will do to keep us in touch with the steelers at the top of the table.

From the website: Joey still out, Donaghey and Waller are maybes but looking positive, and Wilde waiting on right to works to come through. Chad on the shirt off his back raffle so he may well be playing - bound to kick off if so after last time. Should be a good game with both sides having something to prove

BostonBart22

From the website: Joey still out, Donaghey and Waller are maybes but looking positive, and Wilde waiting on right to works to come through. Chad on the shirt off his back raffle so he may well be playing - bound to kick off if so after last time. Should be a good game with both sides having something to prove
Be surprised if kicks off , especially after PR comment v dundee, apart from that we need 2 points to start with and no suspensions going into the orange Town tomorrow who are unstoppable af the moment .

Devils86

If Chad ices it will kick off - not through the Devils starting anything. Marked man etc after the boarding call up in their barn, and I think Kallen hasn't iced since?

Let them lose their heads, somehow take advantage on the PP and once the game is won, then maybe stick it back to them.

I'd rather have two points than mess about though. Won't be an easy game tonight and we can't afford suspensions or injuries.

moggy#9

Well, that was one of the most entertaining periods of hockey I've seen in a while. Some observations:

Wilde looks the goods. His every touch is class, but that penalty shot was a thing of beauty.

I'd have called an instigator in the first fight.

If batch won't drop the gloves on a hit to the numbers like that in a game like this, he never will.

The refs have got to be firmer and more consistent or this game could get very nasty. What, I wonder, are the odds on one of the coaches not making it to the end of the match?

moggy#9

But if a disjointed period that. The pp is so frustrating. I can't help but feel that we need to force this goalie into more lateral movement.

I can't help but feel that this could get nasty in the third of the refs don't get a grip on things and start calling consistently.

Devils86

If Chad ices it will kick off - not through the Devils starting anything. Marked man etc after the boarding call up in their barn, and I think Kallen hasn't iced since?

Let them lose their heads, somehow take advantage on the PP and once the game is won, then maybe stick it back to them.

I'd rather have two points than mess about though. Won't be an easy game tonight and we can't afford suspensions or injuries.
Well...