Devils Vs Clan - League - 22nd Dec 23 - FO 19:30

Wannabe2

God did we need that game tonight or what, Tonight I felt like we got our club back and didn’t it feel good. That first period was a thing of beauty, and Wilde penalty was pure Daddy Cool, Chads fight was just what the doctor ordered, Stevenson is a real heavyweight fighter but Chad brought him back down to earth with a bang. Chad and Riley are pure Devils Warriors, these are the kind of players you want to watch your back and boy do they play for the shirt, love these guys must be some Welsh blood there somewhere. So tonight we got our team back, this is the team that on its day can beat anyone, this is the team we pay to watch, this is the team that can put smiles back on faces, and this is the team that can turn the clock back and make the future look good. Tonight was a pure joy to be sat in my seat, watching my team deliver everything that is great in this club, it was actually the best Xmas Gift and for that thank you. Haven’t said this for a while now, but this comes with real happiness. HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Barrow mom for me tonight, he was everywhere and strong on the puck
Some performance from him, came out with a black eye and split eyebrow at the end by the looks of it.

Absolutely incredible game, that. Left it all on the ice and that 4th line is just so damn entertaining. Feel like the boys are gonna need a couple of ibuprofen before tomorrow's trip up Sheffield!

Who was MoM? I dashed off at the buzzer.
I thought Arniel was great tonight and Alderson (at times). I feel like Barrow needs to find a bit more chemistry still

Devils86

Who was MoM? I dashed off at the buzzer.
I thought Arniel was great tonight and Alderson (at times). I feel like Barrow needs to find a bit more chemistry still
Waller MoM for Devils
NM for Clan

Could have been 7/8 had their NM pulled off some great saves. Thought Wall was unlucky not to get MoM.

Glad we didn't get pushed around by Clan and having weathered the original storm in period 1 we were good value for the win. Take Combs out of that Clan side and they have a problem.

Why do Clan fans rate Sol so much?

Diablo3

Some game, good to see the guys answering the bell. Even PR was calling out their coach at one point. :) Thought Chad did himself a lot of good against Stevenson battled well.

Bode looks to be some player, very calm on the puck, going to be good to watch when he settles in.

Take that sort of performance to the house of rust and we stand a chance.

E.D.S.

Some game, good to see the guys answering the bell. Even PR was calling out their coach at one point. :) Thought Chad did himself a lot of good against Stevenson battled well.

Bode looks to be some player, very calm on the puck, going to be good to watch when he settles in.

Take that sort of performance to the house of rust and we stand a chance.
Agree with you there. Chad knew it was coming and held his own. Landing some beauts but also took a few. Hats off to him. I think the guy is brilliant. He's the reason I renewed my season ticket. A much as I love winning tophies, I want to be entertained first and foremost.

What I do disagree with though is the performance and our chances in Sheffield. For me, when you remove the excitement and entertainment of the first period where the guys stood up for themselves, I'm still left really concerned with our first line - whatever that is at the moment. We don't seem to have an out and out goal scorer in our ranks. That real cutting edge that can create a goal out of nothing, someone who just knows where the target is and finds it. We had some decent chances tonight and apart from a few wonder saves we just don't seem able to take those opportunities. That top quality goal scorer would probably help our powerplay, which quite frankly is void of any ideas and creativity. Yes, I know we scored two tonight but one of those was five on three. It's becoming embarrassing and it's the same week in and week out.

BostonBart22

Great game, great atmosphere, great scraps, first period awesome, it was on the cards Chad's fight but unfortunately ran out of steam but gave it his all, 2nd period was just a boring defensive play by clan and their keeper kept the score down, could've been 6...1 end 2nd, at the same time we need shooting practice. 3rd period started the same then we score , then clan wake up and started going forward more, a deserved win in the end, think the refs held their own after the first rumbles, and let the game flow well in the end, on to shuff now , settle for a point and that will be a bonus tbh..

Mooney#16

Great game that last night. Had absolutely everything. Great to see the team play with a bit of a chip on their shoulder and a F you attitude to Clan coming in looking to play with a bit of shit housery themselves. Chad and Dyson living by the code a pleasure to see. Their Netminder was lights out in fairness to him as well.

As someone mentioned a big mention to Barrow last night. He quietly did so many small details so well last night and if he can kick on in form will become a weapon in the second half of the season.

Bode Wilde could be a genius signing. Don’t get me wrong he isn’t Craig Waller 2.0 but that guy has skills. For a big lad he skates really well and is mobile. You can see his defensive awareness and positioning needs a bit of work but offensively he will do damage. He stretched the ice with his quick passing and played very north / south at speed which got Devils more offensive zone time. If he can find confidence in his game then his influence could become huge.

Honourary mention to Tyler Wall also. Easy to overlook that from him but a solid performance making the saves when he needed.

Following a couple bad weeks that was just the game to snap any streak forming and build upon that level of game intensity.

Oh I liked that last night….
I took photo of five devils shirts in the penalty box together!
That reminded me of 2007 - 2010. Those first 10 minutes of the game were full on entertainment. All in all though I’m very glad that (unlike the hot headed days) we were professional enough to calm it down and settle the game for a win through talent and depth not hot-headedness. That professionalism and listening to the coach is a definite and needed improvement from those days.

But wow those first ten minutes were the Christmas present I needed.

Slartibartfast

What a great game. Wilde is just what we needed. He reminded me of Ben Blood or Matt Register. He seems to comes out of the board battles with the puck with little effort and that was the most composed relaxed penalty shot I have seen which just shows his class.

Now we just need to sort out our powerplay and finishing to win the league. This team is so good but these 2 areas are what often cost us despite dominating games.

The Steelers game will be interesting

moggy#9

Unless we can make him so comfortable here that he never wants to leave, I suspect that's Wilde is destined for bigger things and bigger pay cheques. How lovely if he could have a Steve Thornton style first match at Sheffield.