Devils Vs Clan - Pre-Season - 9th Sep 23 (FO 19:00) & 10th Sep 23 (FO 16:00)

Diablo3

Didn't say I'd find one, I said I believe Russell could find better.

Harewood for me isn't ready to step up into the eihl full time, he has a lot of maturing to do first.
Fair enough, but then if we don't sign him and another EIHL club do, that is another promising Brit we've lost

moggy#9

Didn't say I'd find one, I said I believe Russell could find better.

Harewood for me isn't ready to step up into the eihl full time, he has a lot of maturing to do first.
But where does he do that maturing? He's reaching a stage in his development where he needs to be stretched. Like it or not our league doesnt have the luxury of ready and polished Brits being really available. In fact we've been fortunate to have players who have spent time abroad to aid their development before coming back to the UK to take the next step.

For me harewood ticks a lot of boxes; size, skating (from I've seen he seems to have decent edgework) and shooting. It's his decision making that needs work and that only comes from games.

Franny was saying last night on the webcast that he needs to develop his all round game especially becoming defensively more responsible.
They want him to play a major role in Bristol in all situations and with Jamie Elsom being there he’s in good hands!

I gotta say though, he looks very good with the puck on his stick these days

Just swinging by to share some of my cautious optimism about this team. Although the first period of the second game against Glasgow was scoreless, I was more entertained in those 20 minutes of play than I was all of last season! There was forechecking, battling hard at the boards, driving the net, options on the powerplay... I'd forgotten what all of that looked like in a Devils jersey! I particularly like the look of Ryan Barrow - he reminds me ever so slightly of Joey Haddad, and he's mad effective in front of the net, which you've got to love, and that's something we've been missing... probably since Dixon left! I also think Harewood looks like an exciting player who could be one or two seasons away from making the full step-up to Elite league play. I'm excited about this team.