Devils Vs Ducs - Conti Cup - 18th Nov 22 - 19:30 FO

moggy#9

2:1 to the devils, but outfitting them 32:10. The opposition goalie is having a Stormer, but we're not having him work enough. Looks like angers are starting to tire.

BostonBart22

Well that was the best devils performance for a long time if not the season 60 mins full pelt, shame 1500 only turned up few dozen French fans as well..cracking atmosphere for the attendance, kozun would want his back , but kept us in it at 2....1 bunny's goal pure class 1 on 1....overall great game...

James

Administrator
Thread starter #53
Really enjoyed that. Shame the crowd was a bit thin but the atmosphere didn’t show it. Nice to see Devils up for a game for a change.

Earnie

I enjoyed that down the Arena tonight. That was our spare team - not the one that went to Belfast. The score could have easily been big numbers if it was not for Cowley in goal. He was their MoM. Another win on Saturday would probably secure our spot in the final round.
Attendance could have been better ! Maybe Saturday more fans will come out!

Last edited:

august04 2.0

Good atmosphere tonight and an enjoyable game. No way did IAW look anywhere near half full tonight, I’d be amazed if there were 1500 people in there. Decent performance from the Devils and the Ducs goalie did look very good. Reminded me of Carruth/Besko - big unit, always in a good position, so rarely called upon to make the flashy save. I’d be keeping tabs on him for next season if I was the Devils coach/GM. He’s only 27, with some good numbers in very respectable leagues. A good start to the weekend and a much more enjoyable experience than the CHL, roll on tomorrow.

Well that was the best devils performance for a long time if not the season 60 mins full pelt, shame 1500 only turned up few dozen French fans as well..cracking atmosphere for the attendance, kozun would want his back , but kept us in it at 2....1 bunny's goal pure class 1 on 1....overall great game...
Guess Taran didn't expect Bambi on ice to slip and let the shooter clear in

terry hunt

Very enjoyable game.So much for the French being pushovers they were up for this game and played 60mins.
I thought it was a good test for the Devils and one of the better performances of the season.
Their defence played well under pressure protecting their goalie i wish ours could do more.
Cowley is the number 1 goalie but has been injured he is solid no flashy stuff.
I thought the team playing better fired up the fans led by Block 13 and gave a great atmosphere best i have heard this season.
Brandt would probably lost us the game if he played.
I dont get this no physicality stuff lots of personal little battles going on but intelligent enough to keep the refs at bay.
I think this team could be a good option for preseason "friendly" matches.The small number of their fans were entertaining and look like they could be fun.

Gough60

Team played well and prob had in the back of their minds that there are still 2 games to play in next 2 days. Did hear that the Latvian team brought a squad of 32. May well have plenty of fresh legs come Sunday if that's the case.
One thing that was noticeable was the number of players falling over on the ice. Yes I know it's slippery but players on both side came off with coliflower arse. Possibly because this was the 2nd game but it clearly contributed to the French goal.