Devils Vs Flames - CC - 13th Nov 21

bozman

Embarrassing that Todd even had to ask anyone to get him off the ice. The guy got round the whole team for high-5s and still had time to wave to his mates and casually stroll off the ice. If he might have had covid (for example, could have been much worse) then bye bye Devils.
Anyone notice only one steward came on to the ice to get him off and he came from 2 blocks away to do it, no idea where security guard was

BostonBart22

I was in block 12 wearing my masks along with the rest of my group…family in front all wearing theirs too so don’t really appreciate the ‘idiots’ generalisation.
didnt single anyone out, but picture supplied by Swarley clearly shows lots not wearing masks but a few chin wearers as well, block 13 not to clever either looking at picture, with the cases soaring in europe we need to keep to the guidelines otherwise this season will end like the last one or Drakeford will close us down..

Pembo

Overall enjoyed the game. Felt Guildford fans probably feel a bit hard done by as their team probably had the better chances and with Watson (who seems a really solid player) failing to convert in OT when it seemed easier to score.

My take always were:
Off ice - lots of new faces in our block and generally fewer jerseys on display than normal crowd, got the impression quite a few casuals and this may have contributed to fans seeming a bit flat first period (even before the goals). Atmosphere by end was rocking even when Guildford camped in our end and we were clinging on. I missed the rink invader but I guess always going to be a possibility when beer flowing and grater number of casuals in the crowd.
Thought the remembrance section and Ritchie’s 900 were really well done. Classy production values & hit the right notes.

On Ice - McNally is a difference maker, both with his energy, fan response and creating more havoc in the slot than we’ve been producing recently.
Kozun, really impressed again by him. We’ve got two great netties, seems a cool head and he was making some CJ Motte esq grabs last night. Was a little unlucky not to get MOTM as he kept us in it all game.
Brodie Reid has ice in his veins.
A number of people have been critical of DuPont on this thread but definitely upgrade on the performances from Valdix. Hopefully can push on now he’s back from injury.
Batch’s physical play in 3rd period was excellent. He’s built for physical game and it was nice to see him use it.

About to buy the Sheffield stream but hesitating at principle of paying Steelers my £15!

JC23

I
Sorry bud but I have a photo of block 12 from last night, a large majority of people in that block didn't have masks on small amount of people had them on but you were in a block last night that seemingly thought they were exempt.

https://ibb.co/kSTWwbK

Photo of the block last night ^^
I’ve just seen this and noticed I’m in it at the back of 13, you can have an autograph next game if you want bud ;-)

Mazzoak

Money from bar sales keep the club going, that's the reality of the industry.
Greenbank Partnership Ltd held the drinks license via Helium Miracle 113 which is the company that operates the IAW. September 21 Cardiff Council Announced it was purchasing the IAW. Todd is temporary management of the IAW until the Council decides on its future and appoint a management team. The bar profits won’t be much, there may possibly be an agreement with the club because without the Devils games, they’d be no bar sales........having said that the IAW have to maximise income too, so there maybe no such agreement. I would’ve thought if the club wanted to be part of the bar they’d rent it from Greenbank, take over the license and run it in-house.

BostonBart22

Greenbank Partnership Ltd held the drinks license via Helium Miracle 113 which is the company that operates the IAW. September 21 Cardiff Council Announced it was purchasing the IAW. Todd is temporary management of the IAW until the Council decides on its future and appoint a management team. The bar profits won’t be much, there may possibly be an agreement with the club because without the Devils games, they’d be no bar sales........having said that the IAW have to maximise income too, so there maybe no such agreement. I would’ve thought if the club wanted to be part of the bar they’d rent it from Greenbank, take over the license and run it in-house.
well explained...

ASHIPP

Looking at Elite League website, looks like Devils finish 3rd in the points for this tournament. They will be seeded third in the draw?
Devils one of the teams with least number goals against too.

Kevlar68

There are lots of scenarios that could come from the non hockey drunken idiot, no masks spreading covid, ice invasions, real fans staying away to avoid them and me getting thrown out for kicking the shit out of said person for annoying me through the game with them being a DICK!

Last edited: