Devils Vs Flames - League - 18th Feb 23 - 19:00 FO

moggy#9

We are an absolute shambles at the back. Why, oh why do we insist on playing at if it's non contact. Then someone dies throw a check and they take a stupid penalty.

Btw is Reid taking a regular shift? It's sometimes hard to tell on TV, but other than one shot he's contributed virtually nothing from what I've seen.

jenks33

It feels like that 3rd goal could be the killer. Funny bounce but still a soft goal to concede. I’m not sure Kozun will be happy with himself for the second goal. Don’t get me wrong it was a great shot by Lalonde but it was pretty far out and there was no traffic

Kevin roog

It feels like that 3rd goal could be the killer. Funny bounce but still a soft goal to concede. I’m not sure Kozun will be happy with himself for the second goal. Don’t get me wrong it was a great shot by Lalonde but it was pretty far out and there was no traffic
I said to my daughter that if we shot that , it’s no way it would be a goal

ASHIPP

Why is it that we just can't seem to score first in so many games? More often than not, the Devils are battling to get back into it from early in the game. It's almost like our team need a kick up the ...reality check to start playing.

Oh to see a few more games where we dominate and don't make it difficult for ourselves. Everything is a slog. A comfortable win now and again would be a welcome change from grinding out results!

Afraid this looks like it has loss written all over it again tonight.

moggy#9

When a team does the little things right and work as a team, the puck has a way of finding the net. The devils on the other hand look like a team that lacks an identity.

jenks33

Is it me or is kozun letting in quite a few goals compared to the shots he’s facing lately
Not sure he will be happy with a couple of tonight’s goals. Down the other end McAdam is playing well and we have to work bloody hard for our chances. I wouldn’t say Guildford have had to work particularly hard for their goals, particularly the last two.

jenks33

When a team does the little things right and work as a team, the puck has a way of finding the net. The devils on the other hand look like a team that lacks an identity.
To be fair it hasn’t been a disaster and I don’t think it’s been a poor performance. You can just see us having the same problems that we had pre-Fournier. Lacking a plan B and teams seeing us as a bit of a soft touch at times. And defence still looks shaky but nothing new there

moggy#9

Not sure he will be happy with a couple of tonight’s goals. Down the other end McAdam is playing well and we have to work bloody hard for our chances. I wouldn’t say Guildford have had to work particularly hard for their goals, particularly the last two.
The devils are giving Guildford that too much space in the defensive zone. We need to be so much tighter with our coverage. The flames have time to pick a spot too often.

Eynonz

Why is it that we just can't seem to score first in so many games? More often than not, the Devils are battling to get back into it from early in the game. It's almost like our team need a kick up the ...reality check to start playing.

Oh to see a few more games where we dominate and don't make it difficult for ourselves. Everything is a slog. A comfortable win now and again would be a welcome change from grinding out results!

Afraid this looks like it has loss written all over it again tonight.
It does feel like we are constantly chasing games. I'm not sure what goes on in that dressing room pre-game, but they have a habit of coming out flat.

moggy#9

To be fair it hasn’t been a disaster and I don’t think it’s been a poor performance. You can just see us having the same problems that we had pre-Fournier. Lacking a plan B and teams seeing us as a bit of a soft touch at times. And defence still looks shaky but nothing new there
Not a disaster, no. But it's the lack off attention to detail that's so frustrating. Loose coverage, not winning board battles, stick position, not clearing the zone first time, giving up possession cheaply. These things eventually mount up to one conclusion.