Devils Vs Giants - League - 16th Oct 2021

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
file.jpg
Saturday night the Devils welcome the newly re-branded giants to the bay. We can see their new stronger teal and new causeway black in person. Giants looking like the team to beat this season so should be a good test. Its looking like a sell out, sorry 'Hell out' and the club are offering a buyback on season tickets that wont be used (I cant make it and have already given mine away dammit)

Has the mask situation improved at all? I went to a game a few weeks back and was not too impressed with compliance. Really want to go this week, but have reservations.

august04 2.0

Has the mask situation improved at all? I went to a game a few weeks back and was not too impressed with compliance. Really want to go this week, but have reservations.
Not really, I don’t think it’s improved at all. And Saturday night games usually see more groups of younger people who are on the beer, they tend to pay no notice whatsoever!

moggy#9

I watched Wednesday's game on TV and every shot of the crowd showed people not wearing their masks. I can't see myself or my family attending a live match anytime soon.

tim78

Giants haven't really played anyone other than Fife and Dundee. The Devils have had to compete against some tough teams, I think Devils can come out fast and win this one.
5-2 Devils

The majority are wearing masks and the steward in block 4, in the breaks pops down to remind people. In fairness if masks are your concern, the rink is more conscious and more driven to abide than any super market, high street or stadium I've seen.

pjj365

lilbigdevil, moggy#9 august04 2.0 - you are not alone but before seeing any photos etc.we had taken this decision with he!p from WG CMO who advised avoiding crowds
We have attended 2 games and were not impressed with the lack of rigorous enforcement which (see tim78) seems to vary block to block

hip check

I was there Wed and would estimate 25% of the crowd weren't wearing masks, in block 7 where I sit there was virtually a whole row of people not wearing them. I keep mine on as I don't want to pick up the virus but there are lots who don't comply.

Earnie

Then there is the special privilaged squad at the bottom end of Block 19 C&D (adjacent to B18 ) still there not wearing masks. They have had a mention before.

Last edited:

Kevlar68

In block 4 the seats around us are mainly season ticket holders who all abide by the mask rule but almost every new face we see in the seats around us hardly ever have masks on.
The steward in block 4 does tell people to put masks on but as soon as he turns away they take them back off again, winds me up these ignorant, arrogant, piss takers.

Devils win 4-3 in OT

Last edited:

moggy#9

Giants haven't really played anyone other than Fife and Dundee. The Devils have had to compete against some tough teams, I think Devils can come out fast and win this one.
5-2 Devils

The majority are wearing masks and the steward in block 4, in the breaks pops down to remind people. In fairness if masks are your concern, the rink is more conscious and more driven to abide than any super market, high street or stadium I've seen.
Point taken. To be fair I tend only to go to the supermarket at hours I know it'll be quiet if I possibly can.

Hockeymad

I was there Wed and would estimate 25% of the crowd weren't wearing masks, in block 7 where I sit there was virtually a whole row of people not wearing them. I keep mine on as I don't want to pick up the virus but there are lots who don't comply.
Do you honestly think a mask stops you catching the virus? Less chance maybe but that's about it,

the mask clearly let's in air and let's you breath out otherwise you would struggle to breath.

Earnie

It is good that so many of us take their own precautions as they see fit for them. It is tempting to feel things are back to normal. Far from it - the numbers are still high and not helped by those who refuse the vaccine. I had my booster yesterday.
The mask obviously is not fool proof but it is a reduction in risk to yourself and others around you.

moggy#9

Do you honestly think a mask stops you catching the virus? Less chance maybe but that's about it,

the mask clearly let's in air and let's you breath out otherwise you would struggle to breath.
The mask is primarily about protecting others, though there is a lesser element of personal protection. This is why mask wearing shouldn't be a personal choice.