Devils Vs Giants - League - 20th Jan 23 - 19:30 FO

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
The travellers have all returned and the Conti Cup is in the rear view as we return to the bay for league action Friday night against a Belfast team. No idea who's on this weeks Giants team I'll admit to having lost count and they have another day yet to sign some more players. They are just a couple of points behind us though and have just steamrolled Flames in a cup match so will be a tough match up.

Wannabe2

Giants tore the flames to pieces last night, although Flames were very poor and never at the races. The face on the flames coach said it all, he was as frustrated as hell. They probably stayed in Guildford last night, and probably Cardiff tonight so having no travel tomorrow, the big question is which Devils team will turn up the A for Able team, or the B for Bloody aweful team, hopefully tomorrow night we play as we can fingers crossed.

TL91

Interested to see who starts in the pipes tonight. With both fit, imagine this will be an indication of who DuPont sees as their #1?

E.D.S.

Dupont called this a 'season defining weekend' (I think, or words to that effect). I'd be really interested to see what our season looks like after the next two games. Let's hope the boys can rise to the occasion.

Losing Lou is huge for us.

Mooney#16

This game will be won or lost by Devils forwards not defence or goal tending. They need to help out and be responsible in the defensive zones and clear the zone when the chance is there cutting down turnovers. And when they get chances they need to clinical without mercy.

The Penny-Reid-Crandall line need their best game of the season so far so you can role 4 lines of pressure on Belfasts 3 and get it to a tempo Belfast can’t sustain for a full 60.

Rempel16

This game will be won or lost by Devils forwards not defence or goal tending. They need to help out and be responsible in the defensive zones and clear the zone when the chance is there cutting down turnovers. And when they get chances they need to clinical without mercy.

The Penny-Reid-Crandall line need their best game of the season so far so you can role 4 lines of pressure on Belfasts 3 and get it to a tempo Belfast can’t sustain for a full 60.
Can't disagree, but sounds easy on paper eh?

ASHIPP

Dupont called this a 'season defining weekend' (I think, or words to that effect). I'd be really interested to see what our season looks like after the next two games. Let's hope the boys can rise to the occasion.

Losing Lou is huge for us.
Playing against a team who have signed 1 Brit and 4 import players in the last 5 weeks. Giants have just coasted into the CC Final. We live in hope for a result our way this weekend. :eek: