Devils Vs Giants - League - 21st Oct 22 - 19.30 FO

ASHIPP

Giants better in every imaginable department in p1. They have some skill, team defending as a unit....we can't even get in the o-zone to set up. And there's that little issue of puck retention.....

If we can’t get anything from tonight’s game then I think with the current squad and coaching it’s 3rd place at best this season if we are lucky just maybe TK and owners were too fast in make Dubont head coach only time will tell hope I’m wrong

This is VERY hard to watch. Players out of position, passing the puck to Belfast players infront of our net, passing behind without even looking which is almost always bieng turned over, missing the puck entirely on the rare occasion we try and shoot. Bowns also should have made those saves in my opinion, he was not obstructed and had a clear view but fairplay to Lakes seeking skills. We just don't look like anywhere near the team we should be tonight and seem to bottle it when it comes to playing the bigger teams. And BELFAST are short benched to boot but still massively out shooting, out skating and out playing us. Maybe our tactic is to tire them by letting them have the puck for the first 2 periods and then dominate on fitness in the 3rd. We must have some game plan........ Surely...... Some idea...... Please. Lol

Hedd Wyn John

The thing is that we persist in these ridiculous stretch passes and telegraphed drop passes. I honestly don't think that Dupont knows what he's doing.
We'll see what of anything changes in P2. Giants controlling the neutral zone well and the Devils seem to be resorting to desperate 'hail mary' passes that are easily stopped or intercepted. When we do get into the offensive zone our passes are so loose chances are thrown away & our lack of size up front is again an issue. Giants D-men not being troubled at all here.

this is pathetic so far giants look like they are on a perminant power play and want it far more than us.if this is our best we are in for a long season.both goals were needless turn overs and we are yet to have a serious shot on goal.i'm really worried by what im seeing tonight,its nowhere near good enough.

Last edited:

Kevin roog

Being physical isn't going to fix that first period effort!

Stringing simple passes together would be a start.
I think it would help with the atmosphere, you can’t tell me you are sat in your seat watching this exhibition game against a team from a higher league and think we should carry on with being this passive

Hedd Wyn John

This is VERY hard to watch. Players out of position, passing the puck to Belfast players infront of our net, passing behind without even looking which is almost always bieng turned over, missing the puck entirely on the rare occasion we try and shoot. Bowns also should have made those saves in my opinion, he was not obstructed and had a clear view but fairplay to Lakes seeking skills. We just don't look like anywhere near the team we should be tonight and seem to bottle it when it comes to playing the bigger teams. And BELFAST are short benched to boot but still massively out shooting, out skating and out playing us. Maybe our tactic is to tire them by letting them have the puck for the first 2 periods and then dominate on fitness in the 3rd. We must have some game plan........ Surely...... Some idea...... Please. Lol
Giants don't appear to be short benched but they are a cut above the Devils tonight - they are doing everything right.

I wouldn't blame Bowns for those goals. Allow quality players to take shots in dangerous positions in front of the net & at some point you will let goals in.

The Giants are only one import down, same as us.
They seemed to choose to go short on brits although losing Lewis Hook didn’t help that situation.
We are getting slaughtered but not really by an under strength team.

As has been said in commentary, players enjoy the extra icetime so maybe they are going mainly with three lines for the season knowing they have two spare imports to freshen it up and cover injuries.
Agrred they can’t play them all but,
Giants are missing 3 imports:
Ruopp
Raine
Angeli

We’re missing:
Physicality
Desire
Cohesion

jenks33

Much better period by the Devils to be fair. Couldn’t get much worse mind you. Not sure how we’ve lost that period 0-1. I still haven’t gotten over that first period tho!