Devils Vs Lukko Rauma - CHL - 12th Oct 2021

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils face Lukko Rauma Wednesday night in the bay. Lukko are already through the group stages and the Devils no longer have a route to the finals. It was a fairly close match up last game if we remove the local refs from the equa

Devil94

A shocking amount of tickets left for this game. CHL home games have been some of my absolute favourites over the years, and we shouldn't take for granted the opportunity to see the devils play against Europe's best. Who knows when it will happen next. I think we're in with a real chance of a result here too. Looking forward to it.

jenks33

A shocking amount of tickets left for this game. CHL home games have been some of my absolute favourites over the years, and we shouldn't take for granted the opportunity to see the devils play against Europe's best. Who knows when it will happen next. I think we're in with a real chance of a result here too. Looking forward to it.
You’re right but I did expect ticket sales to be poor for this one. We’re already out and it’s a midweek game on tv, big game against Belfast on Saturday as well so if some fans were choosing between tomorrow night or Belfast they’ve probably gone for the Belfast match.

Temme

7pm face-off is what's killed this for me, I've no chance getting home from work, eating, getting the baby sorted & down the rink for 7pm which is a real shame :(

The TV deal is great, but mid-week so many people will prefer to watch it from home.

Kevlar68

I don't think discount tickets would make much of a difference, it's just the timing of it which can't be helped.
Wednesday, 7pm, most finish work 5-5.30pm then home first, then getting to bay. Way to much hassle especially when it's on TV and nothing riding on it.

BostonBart22

I start work 9pm so not good for me..shame really

august04 2.0

They have brought over 6 players from their under 20's team too, and left 6 regulars behind - which is a little disappointing for those who want to see them at full strength. I really hope that they have underestimated us, that the Brit officials allow a more North American style of game, and that we smash them all over the ice (if we can catch them of course!)!

Kevlar68

Many empty seats but still more supporters than Lukko had at their gaff and a great first shot of fans with one having their mask as a neck warmer and 2 behind Skalde with no mask at all, good start :p

Last edited:

moggy#9

We are being given a lesson in finishing here. Our D looks very shaky and suspect, giving up the puck far too easily.
Playing at this level really shows up any frailties. Our defence worries me too. Time and time again we seem to have the same problems; loose passes and giving up 2 on 1s.