Devils Vs Panthers - League - 4th Nov 22 - 19:30 FO

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
The games don't let up. After a mauling at the hands of the panthers only a couple of days ago we get to take our revenge as they visit for some Friday night league action. Lets be sure to give Dubeau a warm welcome

Gisland

Then you are over in Belfast Sunday. Seems like a lot of games for you over a very short period. Any reason for so many games?

BostonBart22

Need a repeat of Wednesday win v fife, nothing less will do, sundays game v belfast will be a tough test, so points tonight are needed . Hope bowns starts again to get a settled spot, don't think chopping and changing helps with either nettie. But will be handy in the continental cup I'm sure.

James

Administrator
Thread starter #8
I'm sure I'll live to regret these hastily scrawled words but Hogarth is probably about the least worst ref left in the league compared to the recent shambles.

moggy#9

I'm sure I'll live to regret these hastily scrawled words but Hogarth is probably about the least worst ref left in the league compared to the recent shambles.
I don't think there's ever been a time when officiating hasn't been seen as a problem. Don't get me wrong, it's an incredibly hard thing to do, but so many difficulties are self inflicted. Usually by either there not being mutual respect between officials and players, or by a very poor interpretation of the rules.

So many of the best refs had either a calm authority or had played the game themselves; Micky curry, moray Hanson, Nico toemen and Ken taggart.

I certainly wish more former players would choose to stay in the game.

BostonBart22

Isn't matt Rose a former player, Boniface was a good un, along with kirkham and carson ,cloutman and craiper were on a par of this seasons officials..

Vogon

I'm hoping to stream the game tonight but have to take the kid to fireworks first.

does the rewind button on the stream work if I join it late?

kettdevil1

Each to their own, l suppose loved boniface as was a bit of a showman and played along with the crowds a lot..
... in Vez's first season, Nigel seemed to throw him out every week.....

I wonder if time changes perceptions, Nico Toeman was always viewed as 'pro-Durham' I remember whilst Ken Taggart was a great performer but I remember the entire WNIR yelling at him on many occasions.

The bottom line is that it is VERY rare for an official to cost us the game, but our reaction to officials has cost us a few points recently so.... let's hope we keep our discipline tonight

moggy#9

That was a very good start by the devils. At the start I thought that their breakouts were a bit suspect, but they moved the puck much better as the period went on. Given what's coming up on Sunday I don't suppose they'll want to push things too much, but hopefully they can start tight defensively.

I'm fully expecting a dubois melt down in the 3rd.

moggy#9

So many of the issues we've talked about recently seen to have vanished in the basis of those two periods. The devils even looked like they were on a pp for long stretches of even strength.

Now I'm not going to get completely carried away - panthers look very average, but with the little things being done right (even cycling the puck down low), I feel more positive than I have for a while.