Devils Vs Panthers - League - 4th Nov 22 - 19:30 FO

MA18

Must say coughler is something else with the energy he puts in game in game out ..really thought he was out of the game after the attempted hit by the boards, but he had a rant on the bench , got on with it and carried on as if nowt happened. Must say the officials played there part for a change and it showed hogarth is probably #1 on the circuit, can we have more of him please it seemed to rub on to the other officials last night as well.
Hogarth was about 3m away from an obvious slash to the back of Cox’s head and didn’t call it. Stone wall major penalty that he missed right in front of his eyes. Not good enough from a #1 official.

Rempel16

Hogarth was about 3m away from an obvious slash to the back of Cox’s head and didn’t call it. Stone wall major penalty that he missed right in front of his eyes. Not good enough from a #1 official.
Someone deliberately slashed Cox to the back of the head?

Ejercito Rojas

Good win last night.
Panthers are average at best and Cox and Sanford had Dubeau on the edge of another meltdown on a couple of occasions.
Probably the closest we’ve come to a full 60 minute performance so definitely a performance to build on for a huge game for us on Sunday!

Rempel16

Dubeau in the second period. It’s what caused him to go on a little skate about and to Cox to go after him having a chat.
Ah right, cheers. I thought that stick contact was accidental, didn’t see it being a penalty on anyone.

Sanford started the melee by leaving his stick on Dubeau as he covered the puck.

If the refs were going to call Dubeau then they’d need to call Sanford too.

MA18

Ah right, cheers. I thought that stick contact was accidental, didn’t see it being a penalty on anyone.

Sanford started the melee by leaving his stick on Dubeau as he covered the puck.

If the refs were going to call Dubeau then they’d need to call Sanford too.
Not sure a netminder ever needs the toe of his stick at head height. Only saw it live, be interesting to see it again. Cox clearly wasn’t happy about it.
The high stick was in play the Sanford leaving is stuck happened after.
I guess you can’t really compare the two - high stick to the head against a stick to the pads.

Rempel16

Not sure a netminder ever needs the toe of his stick at head height. Only saw it live, be interesting to see it again. Cox clearly wasn’t happy about it.
The high stick was in play the Sanford leaving is stuck happened after.
I guess you can’t really compare the two - high stick to the head against a stick to the pads.
That’s fair enough about comparison, but I don’t believe that Dubeau has deliberately slashed a player in the head. Cox didn’t look annoyed, he looked like he was trying to get under Dubeaus skin and there was no remonstration with the ref from any Devils player.

I’d need to see it again also though.

E.D.S.

Key to winning games is possession. The offensive zone time seems to have increased dramatically. Shooting chances were created and the Panther were just running out of gas. Defensively strong as well again but I guess we have a better chance of being stronger defensively when we aren’t doing that for the majority of the game.
Every line worked tirelessly to keep the puck in the Panthers zone. A good game for Crandall , he’s slowly getting in to it again. Sanford and Cox were superb and another great game for Penny.
Small improvement areas for me. Face off dot wasn’t great but I guess when you’re up against Myers may be that’s to be expected, Crawfords distribution is still a problem - so many times when he’s behind our net he ices one unnecessarily or he passes to Crandall who then has his head down a foot from the boards with the opposition bearing down on him, he’s got no chance and the puck just comes straight back in our zone. He needs to watch Richie’s composure and timing. Just a bit more patience required.
Some superb saves from Bownsy. Dare I say it… if you ignore the hype around Brittain being a big body and hitting big and see him as a big body who can retain the puck…. He did well last night. That goal meant a lot to him.
How on Earth did we lose to these last week?! NIC curse???

E.D.S.

Some character building penalty killing as well. That 5 on 3 could have swung the game. Brandt is just a game changer. Davies and Duggan worked so hard - always love to see a goal from that line, They have such a thankless task sometimes doing the dirty and unnoticed work. Louis has his stick in everything, Batch blocked everything and Thompson is just so assured. He’s even joining the rush. Really like him and what he brings.
Great shut out for Kozun!

lloyd_jeff

If we lose Sunday you watch this forum erupt.
Rightly so, the Devils have a history of winning & when we don’t win we’ve a long history of trying to win, with passion & grit. Belfast, Sheffield are the teams traditionally always similar to us, naturally we measure our quality by competing with these competitors. Used to be Panthers also, unfortunately their quality is poor, others Guilford, Fife to some extent are becoming very competitive. Whilst a win is a win, against a poor side you can’t write many pages as it’s deemed expected. If on Sunday Belfast play well & we dominate & beat them convincingly, we still may not get much debate, what we will get is better praise. If we loose whilst playing as best as we can, we’ll that’s just sport and it happens. If we play poorly, as we have been, then obviously there will be critics and pages upon pages of debate. It’s the same in life, my company has just won an industry award, we got one email from the Directors thanking our hard work, yet when a department isn’t performing, it'll get many many meetings & emails. I maybe mansplaining but l feel you’ve not experienced much of this in life yet.

Last edited:

E.D.S.

Rightly so, the Devils have a history of winning & when we don’t win we’ve a long history of trying to win, with passion & grit. Belfast, Sheffield are the teams traditionally always similar to us, naturally we measure our quality by competing these competitors. Used to be Panthers also, unfortunately their quality is poor, others Guilford, Fife to some extent are become very competitive. Whilst a win is a win, against a poor side you can’t write many pages as it’s deemed expected. If on Sunday Belfast play well & we dominate & beat them convincingly, we still may not get much debate, what we will get is better praise. If we loose whilst playing as best as we can, well that’s just sport and it happens. If we play poorly, as we have been, then obviously there will be critics and pages upon pages of debate. It’s the same in life, my company has just won an industry award, we get one one email from Directors thanking our hard work, yet wen a department isn’t performing it'll get many many meetings, emails. I maybe mansplaining but l feel you’ve not experienced much of this in life yet.
Nailed it. Although if you’re hoping they’ve now ‘got it’ I think you’ll be very disappointed.

moggy#9

Amazing! He save of the season and his game of the season. Looked comfortable and confident, just what he needed.
Hopefully him coming off wasn’t too major and he can get back at it quickly.
I think it really helped bowns that his team mates were giving him help do that he wasn't forced to make follow up saves.

Diablo3

Wow 34 posts after an emphatic win over a team that dicked us recently.
A fantastic team performance that deserves far more recognition than 34 posts.
I did ask during the game if we were wearing white tonight because panties played like the team we have been over the past few weeks.
Great to see Brittain back and making an impact.
Bring on Belfast.
You will never get a big thread when the Devils play like that. There is nothing to argue about :)

Wannabe2

Our biggest problem is shipping goals, we are scoring at a pretty good rate at just over 4 goals per game, but on the down side we are conceeding at just under 3 which is harming us bigtime. Steelers are scoring at close to 4 per game, but conceeding at less than 2, and Giants are scoring at close to 4 per game, and conceeding at 2 per game. Flames are at just over 4 goals per game, and conceeding at just under 3. Tighten up the D and that will be a big plus.