Devils Vs steelers - CC 1/4F - 14th Dec 22 - 19:30 FO - Part 2 Spectacular

Re. season ticket renewal, I think I’ll be doing the same. It's never been all about winning for me. Yes, that’s great, don’t get me wrong but I want to go to the arena, enjoy the game and be entertained a damned sight more than I have been this season. We pay a lot of money for season tickets and it's been utter garbage so far this year. There's no passion, no desire, no character, no fight, and not much skill either. The style of play is dull and this has to be the most “un-Devils like” Devils team I’ve ever seen, in all my years of watching since Dec 86. One thing you could always guarantee, even when we were struggling, is that a Devils team had each others backs on the ice. Rempel mentioned Joey Martin, Jimmy mentioned Kozun - I’ve never seen such a lack of response to key players getting smacked around. And even if Lou was playing, do we think anything would have happened? Not on the evidence of this year anyway. TK insisted we have the right players and if he really believes that, then the finger has to be pointed at the coach. Personally, I don’t think we have the right players or the right coach and I can see big changes next year. Let’s recruit a proper Devils team please Todd.
With all these mid week £10 games for non ST holders, is there even much of a saving in a ST now?

That game has finally broken me..
First two periods were like watching a pre season game. Not a single hit and no one standing up for eachother when a bad hit came in. The lack of passion and intensity was unreal. The first time ever I would of happily left early. Third period was a bit of too little too late regards the players showing that they care.
I would say not ONE of the players brought in this season is an upgrade on last... Prove me wrong

Gavevs88

What an absolute waste of time and petrol that was tonight. Zero passion, no effort, this team is really getting on my nerves now. Really debating whether I want to renew my ST again next year.

Earnie

We are down Coughler, Jardine and Louis. We were not given help in any way by way of extra bodies. No point shouting at the coach who doesn’t have the tools.
We were never going to overcome the deficit although the goal after 40 seconds was encouraging. I just don’t get this total meltdown after every loss.
Yes I am disappointed. I have been a ST holder since 1987 and intend being one next season. You never know what next year brings!

TL91

Yes, our defence is hanging the goalies out to dry but those first two were real bad from Bownsy. The first one sucked the life out of the rink after such a quick start from the Devils. Thought Kozun was great coming in and would like to see him rewarded (can you say rewarded with the D in front of him? More a punishment!) with 2 starts over the weekend to get a run of games.

E.D.S.

Pointless Batch doing anything tonight. Linos in the way, just handbags, then he decides to break fee from the Linos and continue more handbags. Automatic game. Why doesn’t he do the decent thing and wait to the next shift to drop them and sort it out properly? It was all gusto and bravado. No substance. And then there’s little Brittain. He’s peaked (blink and you would of missed it) now he’s back to skating around like he’s made of glass. Waste of an import.
Crawford useless
Crandall laboured
Thomson is now looking out of his depth where as before he looked so assured.
Reid… lazy beyond belief.
Penny… please bring back Lammon or Dixon or someone at least hungry to play.

Wannabe2

This team is without a shadow of a doubt the worse team for many years it’s absolutely shit, I don’t care about losing that’s not the problem but this team offers sweet f.a. No balls, no entertainment, no passion, and a total lack of talent. McNally must be thinking thank god this shower of shit got rid of me, this result has cost this club a whole heap of money, our defence is total garbage and Ritchie would be the only player I would re-sign next season, a minimum of 10 wouldn’t see Cardiff next season. Steelers tonight didn’t have to get out of first gear for the majority of the game, and why do we show a bit of passion when the game is near over and we are 10 -4 down in aggregate. Our ownership are as cheesed off as the rest of us, but apparently the players that might make a difference ain’t out there, otherwise changes would have been made. We need a total overhaul and the sooner the better,on and off the ice, us fans and our owners deserve better than this.

august04 2.0

We are down Coughler, Jardine and Louis. We were not given help in any way by way of extra bodies. No point shouting at the coach who doesn’t have the tools.
We were never going to overcome the deficit although the goal after 40 seconds was encouraging. I just don’t get this total meltdown after every loss.
Yes I am disappointed. I have been a ST holder since 1987 and intend being one next season. You never know what next year brings!
Surely the point is to give the coach the tools? We’ve lost Coughler now for 6 weeks, maybe more still to come. Where is the injury cover? Its too easy to say no-one is out there. Other teams in the UK and EU have signed players this last 6 weeks. And guess what, when you’re down in numbers, there's more risk of others getting injured too. But we were terribly inconsistent at full strength too, nothing has really changed! These players are not playing for this coach nor the Devils shirt, that is clear to me.

E.D.S.

Pointless Batch doing anything tonight. Linos in the way, just handbags, then he decides to break fee from the Linos and continue more handbags. Automatic game. Why doesn’t he do the decent thing and wait to the next shift to drop them and sort it out properly? It was all gusto and bravado. No substance. And then there’s little Brittain. He’s peaked (blink and you would of missed it) now he’s back to skating around like he’s made of glass. Waste of an import.
Crawford useless
Crandall laboured
Thomson is now looking out of his depth where as before he looked so assured.
Reid… lazy beyond belief.
Penny… please bring back Lammon or Dixon or someone at least hungry to play.
But apart from that… don’t forget to buy more merchandise and 50/50 tickets.

Appreciate our owners are busy but you can bet your ass they’d find time to be on here if we were winning.

Kevin roog

Re the owners, I’m busy in work every day, I’m lucky I get a half hour break where I can go on social media if I choose, perhaps the owners could see their bosses for a 30 minute break once in a while

Being a bit of a stats nerd, I’ve taken the information that’s out there to put together some stats to try and figure where the problem is.

One of the biggest issues we have in defence is that they are equally leaky. In the last 5 league games for instance, our D men have all been on the ice for roughly a third of the goals conceded.

That’s a big problem. It gets worse for individuals when you do average minutes on ice per goal (I haven’t finished this yet so I can’t give exacts).

I don’t have access to stats on zone exits etc, but anecdotally we have some big problems with them and giveaways.

Moving on to goalies - We have a 66.66% win rate with Bowns in net, which is far below that which is necessary to challenge for the league, but only a 40% with Kozun in net.

Over each of their last 5 home games, we have Bowns at 91.68% and Kozun at 88.48%.

The issue is that there is zero consistency, with Bowns getting shutouts and a miserable 82.14% against Dundee, and Kozun with a high of 95.83% and a low of 73.68% against Belfast.

Greenfield (in his last 5 games with a normal amount of shots against as low shot numbers increase variation) varies from 97% to 88%. A variation of way lower than our goalies, and half of Bowns.

The forwards is my next project, but our lines are pretty messy and unbalanced from my point of view.

Wannabe2

But at the end of the day our team are shit, you only need a set of eyes to see that. Stats tell you so much and they are usually confusing but if you watch what’s being served up to you and it’s crap, then that tells you all you need to know. We are where we are purely because this team suck.